More People? How Fun!

TIP #6: Its okay to fall in love, just don't grow too attached until you know you are going to be safe.

Kylie

June 6th, 2017

I wake up to talking. I rub my eyes and sit up. Jack is talking with Nathan, both munching on some donuts. Nathan is talking about Jocelyn taking on a zombie late last night. I look at them, "What are you guys talking about?"

"Last night! I woke up to someone screaming help. I wanted to go see what it was because I noticed Jocelyn wasn't there. I opened the door to check and Jocelyn was on the floor fighting a zombie. It was so cool!" Nathan explains

Jocelyn was up last night? Why didn't she wake me? I get up and grab a honey bun out of a bag. I sink my teeth into it, quickly eating the rest. I press a button that lifts the metal bars. They make a groaning noise. The area is clear, other than a body sprawled out on the floor. That's probably the thing Jocelyn killed last night. I bundle my stuff up and hop over the counter. My clothes I've worn for like 3 days are sticking to my body now. I grabbed some denim shorts and tank tops yesterday. The men's clothing should be around here somewhere. Yes, men's. I like the men's graphic tees better, they are much more comfortable too. Slowly, I find the men's clothing. There are graphic tees hanging on a wall. One has the Muppets Statler and Waldorf with the caption Haters Gonna Hate. Another is gray that says Lets Get Some Waffles. There's a green one with Peter Pan on it that says I'm So Fly, I Never Land. I set my backpack on the floor and take my shirt off. I grab the Peter Pan shirt. Fumbling with it, a voice scares me, "Nice rack." I find Jack standing a few feet away from me.

"Excuse me?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

He gestures to a rack nearby, "It's a nice rack, isn't it?"

I roll my eyes, attempting to hide my laughter. "Very funny. It was so funny I didn't laugh."

"Do you normally undress in the middle of the men's department?" Jack asks

I almost say no, but he would be expecting that. "Actually, I do."

Jack grins, "I'd wanna come with you on your Target trips."

I throw the shirt on, "Yeah, a lot of guys do."

Jack blushes. I turn back around, hiding my reddening cheeks. Why am I hiding my blushing? The graphic tees I actually like go into my bag. I look at the shorts, taking multiple pairs.

When I return to the pharmacy home, Jocelyn is sitting on the floor, eating S'Mores Pop-Tarts. She barely acknowledges I'm there until I run my fingers through her hair. There's a bit of blood in her hair. Her hair is so oily and tangled. "Does the water still work?" I think aloud

Jocelyn nods. Quickly, I jump up. The body is still laying lifelessly. I switch the water on. It works! I dash out of the bathroom and tap Jocelyn's shoulder. She groans, she's not gonna get up. I grab her legs. She isn't gonna get up, so I'm moving her myself. I go backwards, dragging Jocelyn across the floor. She starts shouting, "Let go of me!"

She lands a few scratches on my arms. I ignore her protests--and the scratches. The door was left open. She attempts to grab the door jam, but fails. I get her to the bathroom. "Kylie! Let go of me!"

I slam the bathroom door, letting Jocelyn go. She darts for the door, I lock it and block the door. "I'm not letting you out until you clean yourself up."

She groans, "Fine."

She turns the sink on. It warms then she looks in the mirror. Her hair is an utter mess. There's a clump of brain matter sitting in her hair. She wets her hands and touches the brain matter. It falls onto the floor. She continues as my thoughts swallow me. Why did I blush and hide it from Jack? God, this is confusing! Stop! Why are you stressing over this? New topic! What will I do if Jocelyn acts like this again? Next time, it'll probably be me though. What if we lose it? Nathan had his breaking point, what if mine is worse? Please don't be! "Okay, I'm finished. You were...right." Jocelyn says the last word quietly