The Antidote

TIP #14: Never officially trust someone until you know their past.

Jocelyn

June 16th, 2017

"Its been too long, Jack! You killed him!" I throw an elbow into Jack's stomach

He coughs, resting his head on the seat. Its been half and hour since we-Jack injected him with the cure for the entire zombie apocalypse. Okay, not for the entire zombie apocalypse just about half of the country. The people who live through the cure have to have a negative blood type now. "I kind of maybe got in contact with one of my fathers coworkers and given a few more improvements." Words of wisdom from Jack.

I look back at Mikal, who is laying lifelessly in the seat. Everyone else is sleeping other than Jack and I who are staying up. I decided to stay up because I want to know more about this cure. I for one do not have a negative blood type and want to find out about this. This is all I have. This cure now obviously, has to do with blood type. All the blood cells are thinning and changing color, resulting in the change of skin. The melanin (the thing that makes skin color the way it is) disappears completely changes their skin into the grey color it is. Also when you don't have melanin in you, it causes your skin it age much quicker. That is why the zombies skin is falling off. Some chemical in the bite gives the brain an infection. This is called global aphasia (a-faz-ah), meaning the person having this can't talk whatsoever, but can laugh and make the groaning noises zombies make. Oh wait that's it! That's all the scientists know about this outbreak. (Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. If you got confused there's always the internet.)

Mikal's body starts twitching. His eyes fly open and he barfs all over the floor. Jack immediately jumps up, patting Mikal's back as he pukes. Jack looks at me with blood shock eyes. I shrug my shoulders at what hes trying to tell me. "Joce, go grab something to clean this up."

I sigh then slowly go to the back of the bus. Kylie is sleeping on the floor, whispering something. "I will be dead soon, Jack. You have to move."

A chill runs down my spine and I continue going. Nathan is sleeping sitting up. He's snoring like crazy. Skylar is passed out, cuddling with her backpack. I grab the random bag. I dig into the bag. I pull out weird random stuff, ranging from a lunchbox with Elmo on it that says 'I'm cool' to a flip phone. A flip phone? Did Kylie really think we were going to need this? I finally find some paper towels and Clorox. DRINK BLEACH! I shake my head and laugh. I throw all the stuff back into the bag and go back up to a paler Mikal and a grinning Jack. I hand Jack the paper towels and the Clorox. "Oh, I'm not cleaning that up. I saved his life that's all the work I'm doing." Jack crosses his arms, his grin widening.

I rise my arms them drop the stuff on the ground, "Nice try, but I am busy right now."

Mikal starts laughing. Jack's eyebrows rise. "Doing what?"

I am exhausted and want to sleep is what I want to say. I don't say that though. I fold my arms over my chest, narrow my eyes, then speak in a serious way. "Keeping your dirty work a secret."

His eyes widen and his mouth drops open. "I-uh-you-hhgm-ptth."

I let out the fakest laugh as my mouth with let me. Jack groans and bends down. Mikal says, "Clean it up, my white maid."

I plop down into one of the seats, pull a blanket around me, and drift off to sleep.

My eyes burn when I try to open them. I rub them and try again. They slowly adjust to the bright light. I look around, where is everyone? They are probably eating breakfast. The fire exit to the roof is open, so they must be up there. I stand on a seat and hoist myself up. Sure enough, there's my group. They are eating peanut butter sandwiches and chips. "Why are you guys eating that for breakfast?"