The Final Countdown!

TIP #21: Don't ever give up on yourself. EVER.

Kylie

June 18th, 2017

I hear someone talking. Not just someone, someone I don't know. I walk toward the voices. One of the voices is Jocelyn. Why is Jocelyn talking to the person like they are her friend? Maybe it was a friend or something?

I step into the aisle. "Andrea? How are you here?"

Andrea tilts her head. "Kylie? What happened to you? You look like you were horribly beaten." She reaches out to touch my face.

I smack her hand away then press hard on the veins in her wrist. "I have told you please not to touch me."

I let go of her wrist, blinking at Jocelyn. What did I just do? Andrea has an open mouth. "Kylie, for really do look awful. Your eyes. They have like yellow streaks in them."

"Tyler told me about this. Chris had in the same thing in his eyes. What does that mean?"

"HELP! ITS JACK!"

My legs take off running. I shove Jocelyn and Andrea out of the way. "WHERE ARE YOU?" I shout

"By the dog food!"

I take off toward the dog food, which isn't very far from where I am. Mikal is sitting on the ground with Jack in his arms. Blood is all over Jack's shirt. I drop to my knees right by them. Jack's eyes are barely open. I press my fingers against his throat, there is a faint pulse. "Jack."

"Hmm?" His eyes open a little bit

Then the memory hits me. His shoulder wound. My heart shatters. I didn't do as I told him I would. My eyes flicker behind me. The rest of the group is standing there with concerned expressions. "Go find a needle, some thread, some antiseptic cream, some water, and a towel." I order

"A needle?" Nathan asks

My voice breaks, "Yes! Hurry!"

I turn my focus back to Jack. "Put Jack on the floor please, Mikal."

I sniffle, blinking tears away. Mikal sets Jack on the floor. I check his pulse again. It is still faint, but there. I peel Jack's shirt off. The nasty bite wound is super red. Jocelyn comes running in with a needle and thread. Nathan then comes in with some water. Kaya is carrying a towel. Then Andrea is carrying the antiseptic cream. Jordan and Noel come in afterwards. I grab the water bottle from Nathan and pour it on Jack's shoulder. He lets out a weird groan. I grab the towel and wipe some of the blood away. Now its time for the needle and thread. I haven't exactly gave anyone stitches, but I could sew some things together. Jack is looking at me with wide eyes. I put the needle into the skin and pull it through. Mikal grabs my hand. I stop to look at him. "You should slow down."

"I am sorry. I just want to make him better." I look back to Jack.

His brown hair has some brain goop in it. I sweep it out, giggling a little. Tears cloud my eyes. "Jack, I am sorry. I didn't fix you when I promised. This is all my fault."

A tear falls down my cheek. Mikal backs off. Jocelyn and Kaya sit by me. "You are a mess." Jocelyn says

I laugh, "Thanks.

"You must really like him." Kaya giggles.

"I have to fix him. Now please let me." I grow serious again.

"Kylie, just please don't overwork yourself. I don't need you to get hurt."

I smile a little bit then turn back to Jack. I take a deep breath and finish stitching him up. Once the bite wound is closed, there is excess thread. I use the needle to cut it. It just leaves a loose string, but I can easily live with that. My forehead is drenched in sweat. I wipe it off with my arm then squirt some antiseptic cream on my work of art. I stand up, "We need to get to F.A.R.M as fast as we can. Mikal can you drive?"