What Is Life Anymore?

TIP #9: Sometimes people need to mourn after killing someone, so let them.

Jocelyn

June 8th, 2017

My eyes fly open. Kylie has her hand on my stomach. I move her hand and get up.

I exit the bed place and find Chris sitting next to someone. A dead someone. "C-Chris?" I stutter. He looks up, his eyes full of guilt, "What is that?"

He gestures to me to come closer. I peer over the body. The face. The face belongs to a stranger. They-she looks so pale, she must've been gone a while. She looks much more happier. My index finger and middle finger press against their pulse. There's nothing, but freezing cold skin. A tear drops onto my hand. With my other hand I touch my face. I'm not crying. I glance up at Chris. He has tears slowly dripping down his face. "Do you need a moment alone?"

"I've been alone, but now I'm forever alone. So why should I have more time?"

"Okay! I'm sorry I asked and it sucks to lose someone."

"Thanks, but you shouldn't be apologizing. I should." Chris sniffles, wiping his face

"For what?" My question echoes in the eery silence.

"I killed her, Joce! I did! Myself! I put the syringe in her arm! I murdered my own mother! I thought I had to cure her, but now it feels so wrong." Chris puts his head in his hands. I hear a sob escape his mouth.

A wave of angry hits me instead of a wave of sad. "Give me the rest of the syringes, Chris." I bark

He pulls three out of his back pocket then throws them. I stand up and let the syringes clatter to the floor. Julian appears in the doorway of the bed place. "What the heck happened? Did you get rejected by Jocelyn?"

I stand up and pull the gun out of my belt. Wait, did I sleep with my gun on me? "Shut up, Julian!" I shout.

He laughs, "You wouldn't dare."

I step forward. "You must not know me very well then?"

Julian rolls his eyes, "Yeah, cause you can't!'

I snarl, "Why's that?"

"Because the safety's on."

I blush, turning off the safety. "If I pull the trigger, you die. If I can't, you live. Deal?"

"Deal accepted." Julian grins

I glance down at Chris, who's watching us in awe. "Put your heels against the wall and stand there." I bark.

He does as I say. "Now behind over and touch your toes." He can't do it, nobody can.

He tries, "I can't. Its impossible."

"Too bad cause the word impossible says 'I'm possible'." I slam the barrel of the gun against his temple, making him groan. "Stop with the stupid jokes."

"Why?"

"Say it and I'll let you go." I loosen my grip on the gun.

"I won't make offensive jokes towards you ever again."

"Good, Julian. Now bow to me." I smile. He gets down on his knees and bows, "Now go away!"

Julian darts. I keep the gun in my hand. Chris stands up, "Now you give me the gun as a trade. I don't want you to shoot me."

I laugh as I hand him the gun, "I won't harm you or at least that anyone could prove."

He glances up, "For real?"