The Little Things

The lab where Jack's dad works

The military scientists gather together in front of the zombie strapped on the table. The zombie attempts to thrash out, but the restraints dig into the rotting flesh. It moans. A scientist comes over with a needle filled of the 13th attempt cure. He injects the needle into the zombies neck. She moans and groans. Her skin quickly turns a different shade of gray. The scratches on her neck turn into white skin. Human skin! The gray skin starts to turn lighter shades. After an hour, the zombies skin turns white. The face isn't disgusting looking anymore. The girl looks around, "What happened?"

The scientists faces beam, "IT WORKED!" They yell

"Will someone tell me what happened?"

"You were a zombie. We cured you." One of the scientists explains.

The girl's face turns confused. "Okay."

The scientists let the girl go without even catching her name.

TIP #11: Always, ALWAYS check just to make sure the water and electric works.

Kylie

June 10th, 2017

I am shaken awake. It's Jocelyn. "The boys found working water in this place."

"Really?" I jump out of bed, "Where is it?"

She leads me to bathrooms downstairs. I slowly rotate the sink handle marked warm. Pipes in the wall groan then water starts to splash into the sink. I squeal then I run my hands under the water. I splash water on my face. Wait! I brought my face wash! I dart up the upstairs and get it. I wash my face, my entire arms, then my legs. I have to work on my hair now. I run my hair under the sink. It barely gets wet when the water stops. I sit back up, ringing my hair out onto the floor. "Joce?"

"Hm?"

"Do you ever think about what would've happened if this apocalypse didn't happen in the first place?"

"Yeah, I kinda wish we were at school again. Meh who am I kidding? I love this apocalypse!"

I frown, "Wow, not even a thought about other friends?"

"Oh, yeah. I think of them all the time. It's good that some of them are here with me. And the only other females here are madly in love."

I blush, "Sorry you don't have any guy that loves you that is here. Only is Yoosung was here."

"My boyfriend. Yeah, I would love it if I knew he was safe. I miss him so much." Jocelyn says

We finish cleaning ourselves up. We go upstairs, attempting to find the group. We find Nathan, Chris, Skylar, Tyler and Mikal chilling in the shoebox fort. Orange and Kevin are adding to it. Jack is yelling orders. He may be the oldest, but that doesn't give him the right to yell at us. Yeah it's Orange and Kevin in all. Wait! I take that back. It's fine. We walk inside. "Hey guys!" Nathan greets us.

Chris does his ridiculous donkey laugh, "Hey girl! Oh wait! Kylie's not even a girl!"

I roll my eyes as I smirk, "Ya know Chris, you think you can insult me, but when really your insecure about yourself and insult others to make them feel as low as you. I can tell your girlfriend what you did. You know wanna know something Skylar-" Chris tries to interrupt, so I clamp my hand over his mouth. "Sorry about that. Chris may I speak to you in the hallway? Like now?"

Chris nods, fear is guiding the way for him right now. We walk out into the hallway. Chris' dirty blonde hair looks light brown from all the dirt in it. His acne covered face has small brown splotches all over it. He must not've cleaned himself a lot before the water turned off. I can't imagine what I look like. Yeah, there was a mirror in the bathroom, but I couldn't force myself to look into it. I definitely look better than Chris though. I cross my arms as he walks out. "Ayyy now. What do you wanna talk about?"