The Big Block Sing Song

TIP #7: Don't try to be the hero. In the long run you may be honored, but it isn't worth your life.

Kylie

June 7th, 2017

I approach the front door. There's a couch in front of it with Nathan on it. The banging is louder in here. Nathan has a gun laying across his chest and he has a flashlight beam bouncing around everywhere. It lands on me and he gasps, "Kylie!"

"Nathan, what's out there?" My brain is still foggy from all the puking

"Did you just ask me that? Zombies you idiot!" Nathan almost yells

I inhale, "How long have you been out here by yourself?"

"Jack told me to stay out here and watch. I'm so tired though! Jack can be so demanding! You sit out and watch, Kylie." Nathan gets up, "I'm gonna go to bed."

I sit down on the couch. The banging has started to settle down. I sit there and think. About everything that's happened. All the feelings, the emotions, the goods and bads, the highs and lows. Why has this happened in the first place? Why now?

I shine my flashlight at the window then go over to the window. Something is pressed up against it. Is that a zombie? It must see my flashlight beam and hear my movement because it turns around and starts making these weird zombie gurgling sounds. I almost barf, again. Blood is dripping down its legs. Fresh blood too. What??? Then it hits me. Its Lilloanna. Nathan must've been wrong about the time because people don't turn that fast or do they? Muna didn't turn that fast. What is making people turn? I take a deep breath and open the window. Lilloanna moves over to the opening. I take that split second I have and shove my knife into her stomach. It doesn't faze her, it just creates more blood. I slowly move my way out of the window. Lilloanna's head goes down and so do I. I fall out of the window, my flashlight landing in front of me. Lilloanna the zombie gets on top of me. I scream. Her teeth are chomping like crazy. I put my hand over her mouth. I grab my knife and insert it into her head. She collapses right next to me. I get up and brush myself off. I look down at my shirt. It has a little bit of blood on the sleeves. Lilloanna wasn't touching me there. I look down at my hand, there's some blood on it. Human blood. IS THAT MINE?! I clean my hand off with my shirt. Its my pinky finger. I GOT BIT!!!!!!

I drop to my knees and sob. "What happen?" A voice says

I look up. Its Jack. He shines a flashlight in my eyes. "Hmm?"

I wave him over. "Look at my right hand."

He holds it and takes weird inhale, "You got bit."

I nod, tears running back down my face. He puts his arm around me, "Lets go inside."

We climb back in through the window. Jack sits me on the couch. I'm twitching already. "Jack, you can't let me in here. I'm just gonna turn." I twitch again

He frowns, "I-I-I'm sorry."

I look into his eyes. This is it. I can't live any longer. My family will be so heartbroken. "Jack, I think we can do that thing now."

He looks at me, his face lights up. "I'll be right back." He gets up

I sit there, waiting. Jack returns and he's smiling. He sits back down on the couch with me. I look into his eyes. My adrenaline has vanished and my finger burns. Jack tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. My eyes drift down to his lips then back up to his eyes. He slowly leans in. An electric shock runs through my body as his lips touch mine. All my worries wash away. My lips move with his. His lips are kinda dry, but at least I can now die happy.