Only for you

Brendon weakly looked over at Gerard, who had a grocery bag in his hands.

"Thank you," he whispered, his throat sore from throwing up so much.

Gerard smirked and tossed the bag on the bed by Brendon. "What are friends for?"

Brendon reached into the bag with weak, shaking hands and pulled out the small rectangular box. "Seriously, Gee...thank you." Brendon swung his legs over the side of the bed and tried to sit up. It took a few attempts, but he was able to drag himself into a sitting position.

"Seriously, B, you're welcome."

Brendon got to his feet and took an unsure step. "So far, so good," he whispered, panting from the effort. Brendon's mom watched from the doorway, unable to believe that this feeble, weak person was actually her son.

"Mom, I need to get through," Brendon sighed, holding his stomach as he took a couple more steps. She walked down the stairs, no longer able to watch her son's struggle.

Brendon practically launched himself into the bathroom as he was sick, yet again. Gerard held his hair up and away from his face. "It's okay, Brendon. You're gonna be okay." Brendon simply nodded and flushed. He took the little box and opened it.

"Let's get this over with," he whispered, pulling himself into a seated position on the toilet. Gerard politely looked away while Brendon did his business. With a shaky hand, Brendon set the stick on the edge of the sink.

"Gee?"

"Yes, Brendon?"

"If...if it comes back positive....could you call Ryan for me?" The desperation in the boy's voice nearly broke Gerard's heart. "Of course. Let's get you back to bed, shall we?" Brendon nodded and washed his hands. He took the stick off the edge of the sink and held it level as he went back into his bedroom. He laid down on his bed with a sigh and waited.

After what seemed like forever, Brendon finally peered down at the little blue plus sign on the pregnancy test.

"Well...?" Gerard asked. Brendon nodded. Gerard whipped out the phone and dialed Ryan's number. "Put it on speaker," Brendon mouthed.

"H-Hello?"

"Hey, Ryan, it's Gerard."

"Oh...hey. Have...have you heard from Brendon?"

"I'm with him now. Ryan, you need to get your ass over here."

"Over where?"
"Brendon's place. Now." Gerard growled. He hung up the phone, and looked into Brendon's terror-filled face.

"Wh-why did you invite him over here? I...I don't want to see him," Brendon whispered, his bottom lip trembling. Gerard sighed and sat on the bottom of the bed. "He needs to see for himself what he has done to you, Brendon." Gerard sighed and took Brendon's bony hand in his. Brendon nodded, and closed his eyes.

There was the sound of the front door opening. "You have some nerve showing your face around here," Brendon's mother's voice drifted up the stairs.

"Gerard called. I came as soon as I could."

"They're in Brendon's room."

There was the sound of pounding footfalls on the stairs, then a breathless Ryan Ross popped into Brendon's doorway.

"Wh-what..."

Brendon weakly waved, and Ryan's heart dropped. "Oh my god, Brendon, what happened?"

Brendon sighed. "You. You happened, Ryan." Ryan was confused, and looked to Gerard for some form of explanation. "Hey, don't be looking at me, man. I'm not here for you. I'm here for Brendon." Gerard snapped.

Brendon held the pregnancy test out, his arm shaking with the effort.

"What is this?" Ryan asked, taking it from Brendon.

"You...you're pregnant?" Ryan asked, in disbelief.

"Y-yes," Brendon whispered as his eyes filled with tears. "And it's killing me."

Ryan nearly collapsed, but after a cold glare from Gerard, somehow managed to compose himself.

"Oh....oh my god," Ryan said, running a hand through his hair. "I'm...I'm the father?"

Brendon rolled his eyes. "Duh. I don't sleep around, unlike some people," Brendon muttered coldly. Ryan shook his head.

"I dumped Keltie, Brendon. I left her for you."

Brendon scoffed and rolled over. "Whatever. Are you gonna be there for me?"

"Do you even have to ask?"

Brendon sighed and curled up. "I honestly don't know anymore, Ryan. I just don't know."
**