Stressed Out

Brendon lay on his back, holding up the pictures of the babies that were growing inside of him. He stared in wonder at their tiny bodies, and he felt tears trickle down his face and into his hair.
Ryan was sitting on the floor, his back against the wall. He was facing the bed so he could watch Brendon flipping between the two ultrasound images.
"Hey, Ryan?" Brendon whispered, not bothering to sit up.
"What is it?" Ryan said as he got to his feet.
"I...I was just wondering, um...when do you think we should start thinking about names?" Brendon asked, setting the pictures aside and attempting to sit up. "I really think we should wait until we know the genders," Ryan sighed. Brendon frowned."I mean, just ideas," he whispered. Ryan shook his head as he took Brendon's outstretched hands and hoisted the younger boy to his feet. Brendon's hand flew to his mouth, his eyes wide in panic as he bolted for the bathroom. He barely made it in there on time, having barely knelt down before his stomach had decided to empty itself. The force with which his body heaved, even after anything had stopped coming up, left him weak and unable to move. He couldn't even hold himself up, so he slumped to the floor on his side.

"R-ryan?" he whimpered, unable to move. The older boy came running, having to skid to a stop. He stared at the younger boy, who was curled on the floor with silent tears streaming down his face. "...Brendon," Ryan found himself speechless. He had never seen the younger boy this weak and lifeless.

"I...I can't get up," Brendon's lower lip trembled.
Ryan sighed. "Do you want me to pick you up?"
"Everything hurts," Brendon whimpered. "C-could you flush the toilet for me, at least?"
Ryan chuckled despite himself as he reached over and pushed the handle down.
"C-could you bring me my phone, too?" Brendon whispered. "Leave it on the floor...right next to my face, if you wouldn't mind?"
Ryan was back with the younger boy's cell phone in less than ten seconds. Brendon smiled weakly as Ryan set the phone on the floor.
"I...I'm gonna head out for a bit. Let me know if you need anything." Ryan said, walking out of sight.

"W-will do," Brendon whispered shakily. There was the sound of the front door opening, then closing. He could hear the lock click. Brendon listened as the car pulled out of the driveway. All of a sudden, Brendon felt extremely alone.

"Hey...Siri?" Brendon said.
What can I help you with, Brendon?
Brendon felt a smirk weakly tugging the corners of his mouth.
"Call Queen Sassy Bitch," Brendon said with a slight giggle.
Calling: Queen Sassy Bitch.
"Put it on speaker."

It rung a few times, then was picked up.
"Speak, peasant," Gerard said. He sounded bored.
"H-hey, Gerard," Brendon whispered.
"oh....heyyyyyy, Brendon. How are ya?" Gerard asked.
Brendon sighed. "Still really sick."
"Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that."
"Would...do you wanna come over for a bit? Ryan kind of left me lying on the bathroom floor, and I'm sorta lonely."
Gerard started laughing. "What the fuck? Damn, Brendon. Why are you on the bathroom floor?"
"I...I was too weak to get up." Brendon admitted.
"You said 'was.' So why are you still lying on the floor?"
"I'm too lazy to get up now. And I'm in too much pain. I don't even want to think about moving unless I absolutely have to," Brendon whispered.
"I...I suppose that makes sense," Gerard said thoughtfully. "I'll be there soon. Try to get off the floor, 'mkay?"

Brendon sighed. "Okay. I'll try," he whispered as Gerard hung up. He pulled himself into a sitting position, panting from the effort. He clung to the edge of the tub as he tried to get to his feet. Leaning on shaking arms, he crawled to the sink and pulled himself to his feet. He stood there for a few seconds, staring at his reflection. At five and a half months pregnant, he was starting to get quite a bump. Not huge, but big enough that it was noticeable from the front, and obviously noticeable when you look at it from the side. Things were starting to get more difficult for him, as far as maneuvering himself around the apartment was concerned. If there was a tight space he wanted to get through, he would have to get on his tip-toes and try to slide through the space sideways.
There was a knock at the front door. Brendon walked into the front room, and laughed when he saw Gerard with his face pressed against the window.
"Let me iiiiinnnnnnn," Gerard moaned, clawing at the glass.
Brendon rolled his eyes as he unlocked the door.
Gerard looked at Brendon and grinned. "How the fuck is it that in the two weeks since I've seen you, you've gotten huge?"
Brendon blushed. "I'm....I'm not that big," he murmured.
"For five months, you are. Then again, you are carrying twins. Hell, you're even big just to be carrying twins! Are you sure you only have two in there?"
Brendon shrugged. "That's what the doctor said."
***

Ryan and Gerard learned, over the course of the next few weeks, how to tolerate one another's presence, to a certain extent. Ryan no longer got mad and stormed out when Gerard would show up at the apartment. In fact, if Brendon didn't know any better, it would seem that the two were even beginning to be friendly with one another.