heaven help us

Ryan glanced over at Brendon and smirked. Brendon had fallen asleep at the dinner table, having barely touched the wierd concoction he had demanded Ryan to make for him. Ryan rolled his eyes as he recalled the events of that week.

Brendon impatiently opened a cupboard, peered inside, then slammed it shut.
"What's wrong?" Ryan asked softly, leaning against the kitchen doorway.
"I can't," Brendon panted, kicking a cabinet. "Find anything to eat!"
"Um...the cabinets are full of food, Bren."
The younger boy groaned in frustration. "It's nothing that i want to eat!"
Ryan smirked as he realized what was going on here. 
"What the fuck are you smiling about?" Brendon muttered darkly, rummaging through the fridge with one hand. "It's the....cravings, isn't it?"
Brendon nodded and closed the goddamned (fridge) door.
"What do you want, Brendon?" Ryan asked gently. Brendon put a hand on the barely-there bump of his tummy and sighed.
"Um...well, I've been wanting pickles for a while...and chocolate, but preferably dark; and bacon...there is so much that I want to eat, but we don't have any of it!" Brendon whimpered, bursting into tears. "I know I'm vegetarian, but I can't help it!" Ryan ran to him and pulled the younger boy into a hug.
"Shhh..." Ryan murmured, running a hand through Brendon's hair as he held him close. "Make a list of whatever you want...I'll go to the store and get it."
Brendon nodded weakly. "O-okay."

Ryan stared at the list Brendon had made him:
Dark Chocolate
Chunky Peanut Butter
Sushi
lasagna (pref vegetarian)
tofu
mountain dew
hot chocolate
mini tacos
McDonald's fries
brownies
hot pepper jelly
corn chips
twinkies
pickles
bacon
MILK

"My word, Brendon, you're gonna be the end of me," he muttered as he got out of the car. He almost didn't go inside. There, just getting out of her car, was Keltie. Seeing her brought back memories of their last night together, and he cringed. Ryan knew the hell Brendon would raise if he didn't follow through, so Ryan sighed. He reached into the car and pulled out a pair of Brendon's sunglasses that he had left in there. Ryan put on the sunglasses, locked the car, then walked into the supermarket.
He was in the first aisle, examining the different pepper jellies, when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He whirled around to see Keltie standing there. "What the fuck do you want?" he spat. Keltie rolled her eyes. "I'm...I'm pregnant, Ryan."
Ryan scoffed. "Oh?"
Keltie nodded. "Yeah. It's yours." Ryan stared at her in disbelief. "But don't worry, I don't want you involved in any way whatsoever. I wasn't even gonna tell you," Keltie said with a smirk. Ryan knew he would have to pull a bluff. "I don't give a shit, Keltie. I am in a happy, committed relationship with Brendon. I don't have time for you or your nonsense," he said, turning on his heel and walking away. It took everything in his power to not turn around, get on his knees, and beg her to take him back right then and there. He knew he had to stay with Brendon now, because Brendon obviously needed him more than Keltie ever did. 
Keltie didn't try to go after him. She was pissed, and kind of disappointed, if she was being completely honest with herself. She'd expected Ryan to do everything in his power for her to let him be involved in this baby's life.
Ryan soon had everything on his list, besides the McDonald's, and was standing in the checkout line. He impulsively grabbed four packs of Skittles and threw them on the conveyor belt. The bored looking cashier arched a quizzical brow at Ryan's purchases. "Congratulations," she said. Ryan stared at the girl in shock. "Um...what?"
The girl behind the register laughed. "Well, the only time I see a purchase like yours is when there's a pregnant woman waiting at home." Ryan blushed as he paid. "Oh. Right." He took his bags and practically ran to the car.

Luckily, the drive-thru line wasn't very long, and he was home in no time.
"Hey," he called as he walked in the front door. "I'm over here," Brendon said from the living room floor. Ryan took the grocery bags into the kitchen and put the cold stuff in the fridge. He brought Brendon the fries, then tilted his head. Brendon was lying on the floor, shirtless.
"Um...what the hell are you doing?" he said with a laugh.
"I wanted to lay down for a bit, and I made the mistake of choosing the floor. But then, I got too comfortable, and I didn't wanna get up."
Ryan rolled his eyes as he set the fries on the table. "Let's get you sitting up, at least. I don't want grease stains on the carpet."
The younger boy allowed Ryan to hoist him into a sitting position. He enjoyed it, in all honesty. He smiled as he ate his french-fries, never taking his hand off his belly.