If I Die Young

The days went by. Glory healed from her physical injuries, as did Brendon. The two of them became close friends, like they used to be, often reminiscing on the good times.
Charlie and Dallon grew in a new way as a couple; they no longer slept in separate bedrooms. They hadn't had sex yet, but they cuddled and fell asleep in each other's arms.
Each day brought Brendon another day closer to his due date. He didn't walk very much, due to the fact that he could no longer walk very far without either losing his balance or quickly becoming out of breath.
One morning, he was wrenched awake by a searing pain in his belly and lower back. He screamed.
"What's wrong?" Charlie asked as she ran into his room.
"I d-don't know!" he sobbed, breathing through his mouth.
"Just try to relax, okay? I'll get you an icepack. I'm sure it's nothing," Charlie murmured as she bolted from the room. Brendon bit his lip as the pain in his belly intensified. It was almost as if one of his babies had rolled the wrong way, and was desperately trying to free itself.
Charlie brought Dallon back with her. The girl handed the icepack to Brendon. "Here...this oughta help."
The pregnant boy nodded as he moved forward enough to tuck the ice behind his back. He sighed and closed his eyes.
"You're gonna be okay, Brendon," Dallon said from the doorway.
"N-no, I'm not gonna be okay," the pregnant boy whimpered. "I'm...I think I'm going to die."
Charlie began to cry. "No...you're going to be fine! You won't die!" she said, shaking her head vehemently.
Brendon sighed. "It feels like I am."
"Trust me...you're not dying," Dallon muttered. "Just lay back and try to relax."
Brendon closed his eyes and leaned into the pillows, taking shaky breaths.

"What do you think it is?" Dallon asked once he and his girlfriend were back in bed. Charlie shrugged, snuggling closer to Dallon.
"Probably just Braxton Hicks' contractions," she whispered sleepily.
Dallon's eyes went wide. "B-but, he's not due for two more weeks! Why the fuck is he having contractions already?" Dallon hissed. Charlie snickered and put a finger on her boyfriend's lips. "Not actual contractions, silly. When a pregnancy is almost over, the body usually starts practice contractions, commonly known as 'Braxton Hicks' contractions," Charlie explained.
"Ah...that kinda makes sense," Dallon said with a nod.
"Of course it makes sense," the girl whispered with a yawn. "Hush up, now. Time to go to sleep," she said, reaching over and switching off the lamp on their bedside table.