CHAPTER THREE

─── ALICE HAD TO ADMIT, the trip to Diagon Alley didn't seem like such a chore anymore now that she was in the company of new friends that brought back a sense of familiarity. With the twins, it reminded her of Wonderland and that itself was comforting, to say the least. No matter what the two said, she just found herself smiling. Smiling more than she ever did since arriving back in the Wizarding World. The twins were a smiley bunch as well, they appeared to like their jokes, but their third counterpart, who Alice could only assume was related to them, didn't seem all that friendly or happy for that matter.

For a boy who was not much older than herself as she assumed, she wondered what made his face become so stern. He had walked away initially but didn't travel far as if it was his responsibility to watch over the twins. Despite the twins keeping the majority of her attention, Alice's eyes continued to wander over to the boy, who pretended to read, even though she could clearly see him stealing glances in their direction. Why he didn't bother with a simple hello or why he didn't join them left Alice with more questions than answers.

However, the twins seemed to catch on to Alice looking away every so often and followed her gaze to where he stood behind them. Instantly, their grins seem to grow, reminding Alice of the Cheshire Cat, especially when the cat was up to something mischievous. They instantly walked over to stand on either side of the boy, leaving the older one to roll his eyes in what appeared to be irritation.

"Look, Georgie..."

"I see, Freddie."

"It's Percy!" The two chimed in together, bringing Alice to laugh and clap her hands in amusement. She often loved it when Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum finished each other's sentences or spoke in unison. It seemed coming across the Weasley twins in the bookshop was a blessing in disguise to ease all the pent-up stress she had been feeling. Yet, while she was amused, the one called "Percy" didn't even show a hint of a smile in return. Instead, he kept his stoic expression, paired with unbelievably straight posture and his nose slightly pointed in the air that caused his glasses to slide back towards his face.

Alice didn't want to come across as silly, but his appearance came across as pompous and slightly intimidating leaving her smile to slowly begin to fade. But she reminded herself to keep her manners as she reached out her hand to introduce herself to him.

"Hello," she greeted him, leaving her hand to remain in the air as Percy merely looked down at it with a questioning look.

"Hello," he said in return but he did not shake her hand, making Alice finally draw it back in an awkward manner.

She turned to the twins that were giving their older brother a look before they both shook their heads in disapproval. One of them looked as though he was about to scold Percy but before they could, an older woman arrived on the scene, her hands on her hips and a flustered look on her face. Just like the boys before her, she also shared in the red hair. Alice had never been surrounded by so much red hair in her life, but at the same time, she absolutely loved it.