CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

UPON THE ARRIVAL OF THE FLOWERS, Alice was able to let out a heavy sigh of relief

UPON THE ARRIVAL OF THE FLOWERS, Alice was able to let out a heavy sigh of relief. Apparently, she had been right and while it took the flowers a little longer to transition fully to the Wizarding World, they had arrived. Now, all those that witnessed the flowers would also come to witness the song that Alice had heard and she was certain once they did hear it, that they would no longer believe that she needed to be sent off to St Mungo's. Or if they did, they couldn't use the "voices in her head" as an argument because even George had heard them.

"So, how is that George was able to hear the flowers along with you, but we couldn't?" Fred asked. He almost seemed offended that his own twin was able to experience something without him.

"I'm not sure to be quite honest," Alice replied, "but it was a good thing he did. It probably would have taken me much longer to find them without his help."

"And it doesn't matter much now," George said, " everyone can hear the flowers now too."

"I know," Lee grumbled, " They haven't shut up since they arrived. Apparently, they think our robes are ghastly and, well, Alice, don't they know any other songs?"

"Yes," she said, " but that's their favourite, as well as my favourite. Sorry, Lee."

After the discovery of the flowers in the greenhouse, Alice took it upon herself to inform the headmaster of other Wonderland creatures appearing. He didn't seem as surprised as she had anticipated him to be with the flowers, but he did seem curious when it was mentioned that George had heard them before others. But with his permission, the flowers were allowed to stay in the greenhouse and once word got out about the newest Wonderland addition, students flocked to see them.

For people that were so "disturbed" or "annoyed" by Alice and her strange ways, they always seemed to be lining up when it came to anything involving Wonderland. However, they were definitely given a dose of their own medicine as no one could be more judgemental than the flowers.  And while Alice tried to encourage the flowers to be nicer to the students, Mr Rabbit encouraged quite the opposite.

Although he found himself quite curious as to why George had heard the flowers, even before he did.

"What's going on in that head of yours, Mr Rabbit?" Cheshire appeared on top of him as Mr Rabbit observed Alice with her friends from a distance.

"Get off of me and I'll tell you."

Cheshire obediently floated down to the ground, rolled onto his back and stretched out his legs into a relaxed pose. "I'm waiting."

"I was just thinking about how George was able to hear the flowers. Alice has always sensed when one of us was coming over, such as with you or Hatter. She heard you singing, as did I, but I didn't hear the flowers. Maybe because I wasn't listening for them and she was longing for more connections to Wonderland. But George, I don't understand-"

"I don't think it's as complicated as you're making it out to be," Cheshire said. "You and everyone else find it out, I find it quite endearing."

"Endearing? Explain."