CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

WITH THE ANTICIPATION OF MEETING HER RELATIVES practically looming over her head for the remainder of the term, time seemed to fly

WITH THE ANTICIPATION OF MEETING HER RELATIVES practically looming over her head for the remainder of the term, time seemed to fly. It was a surreal feeling as Alice felt as though she was standing in place while everything just rushed by her. One day, she was simply sitting in Professor McGonagall's classroom, reviewing the Avifors spell, and the next thing she knew, she was sitting for exams. She would only admit to herself that she was rather nervous when it came to her magical progress, after all, with all the Wonderland distractions and readjusting to her own world, Alice didn't feel as though she had done very much work.

But Fred and George reassured her that they rarely studied and they were sure that they had all done just fine, so Alice took their word for it.

And after exams, Alice only had a short amount of time before she met the Lovegoods and she was trying to prepare herself to any case scenario. Whether they liked her or whether they weren't very fond of her. She knew that Dumbledore had told her that they would be more than welcoming to her and her Wonderland friends, but she thought Lennon had been fine with everything as well, only to have him cut off their friendship.

At least she would have her friends and Mrs Synergy to fall back on in case anything went terribly wrong during the first meeting.

Venturing to the greenhouse that early morning, Alice went to collect the flowers, knowing she was due to leave very soon. She would be taking the Hogwarts Express back and in just a week's time after that, she would meet the Lovegoods. But that gave her enough time to introduce the flowers to her guardian and get the flowers adjusted in the garden.

Although upon entering the greenhouse, Alice was fairly surprised when she found a familiar redhead sitting before the flowers, his expression only carrying curiosity and possibly, confusion.

"I didn't expect to find you here."

Percy jumped at the sound of her voice and quickly looked over his shoulder. His face reddened to the near colour of his hair as if he had been caught doing something wrong or if she had said something cruel.

"Why are you so red?" she questioned. "I didn't say anything to embarrass you."

"I'm not red-"

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not!" he reiterated firmly before looking away.

Of course, their short bickering brought over the attention of the flowers that nosily observed the two. Shortly after, they began whispering among themselves.

"Alright," Alice said before walking over and sitting beside him, " so why are you here then?"

"I was just curious about some things is all," he said, sitting up straight, and avoiding all eye contact with Alice. "I figured I would come to investigate things for myself."

"What kind of things were you curious about?"

Percy sighed, knowing very well that he could not get away with such vague responses when it came to Alice. If he didn't give her enough information, it was only going to be followed up by another question.