Chapter Four

TONY

I couldn't believe that Gabriela said yes to going on a secret date with me. I still couldn't believe that she liked me like I liked her. Then it hit me that she was Mike and Vic's little sister who were very protective of her, and I mean like overly protective. No guy would ever be good for her, and here I was risking their wrath and my future in the band. But she was worth the risk, there were no girls like her out there and I didn't want anyone else.

"Turtle you keep zoning out, are you okay?"

Jaime snapped his fingers in front of my face snapping me out of my thoughts. How long had I zoned out for? I looked around the room and saw Mike and Vic having their own conversation as Mike sat at his drum kit leaving me and Jaime on the sofa with our guitars.

"Yeah I'm good, just thinking about the new album."

Jaime didn't seem to believe me but knew better than to try and push me to talk. I didn't know who's side he'd take.

"Well we can't have an album without songs can we Victor?"

Vic shot Jaime a rather colourful gesture while Mike sat back on his stool and laughed at his older brother's childishness.

"You try and write songs, Hime."

"How hard can it be? Why don't you ask your sister? I mean she pretty much wrote 'King for a Day', 'The First Punch' and 'A Match Into Water' on the last album and they went down like a storm with the fans."

Just the mere mention of Gabriela sparked my interest. She was a great writer like Vic, though she hated the spotlight and only wrote for the band reluctantly when Vic and Mike blackmailed her with embarrassing home videos.

"She's heading out on the road with Sleeping With Sirens as their photographer at the end of the week for three months, she doesn't need this. Besides I have song ideas, I just don't want to write them down."

Vic scrunched up some paper and threw it at Jaime's head. I was still trying to digest the news that Gabriela wasn't going to be around for three months while she toured with Kellin and Co around the country. She hadn't told me she'd be leaving this soon, what about our secret date? I needed answers and pulled out my phone while Jaime, Mike, and Vic bickered over song titles.

Turtle: Hi Gabs, Vic just dropped the bombshell that you're heading off for three months with SWS. Is this true? What about the secret date?

Wow, I sounded like a clingy girlfriend right now, and we weren't actually together. My phone pinged almost immediately with a reply from Gabs.

Baby Fuentes: Yeah it was kind of a last minute thing. Kellin asked me last night because Adam's ill or something. It would look kind of suspicious for me to turn the offer down when I actually have no work booked for the next three months in San Diego.

Turtle: I guess you're right Gabs; it's just that I'll miss you. I'm going to plan and execute our date before you leave so that you have something to remember me by while on tour.

Baby Fuentes: Sounds great Tone. I was planning on stealing one of your turtle teddies to remind me of you. Oh my god is that lame? Are we going to turn into one of those lame cheesy couples?

Turtle: You can 'steal' as many as my turtles as you wish Gabs. Plus I think we'd rock the cheesy couple look x got to go stop your brothers and Jaime arguing over song titles x

Baby Fuentes: Good luck Tone x

I smiled and slipped my phone back into my pocket, thankful that the argument was still going on in front of me. Because of my quiet personality, I was use to sitting back while heated arguments took place because I hated confrontation. I had to plan the best secret date Gabriela had ever been on before she left for three months, and the perfect date suddenly hit me like a tonne of bricks.

"Who do you agree with turtle?"

Oh crap, this isn't what I wanted. I hadn't been paying enough attention to the argument to be able to pick sides. And now I had three Mexicans staring me down. I scratched the back of my head and looked between my three friends; none of their faces gave anything away so I guess I was going with my gut instinct.

"I agree with Mike."

"Perrentes lives on. Suck on that brother."

Mike cheered and jumped up from his drum kit before throwing himself onto the sofa next to me, Perrentes was our ship name and I guess if I ever did become official with Gabriela it could very much become our couple ship name.

"Of course, the turtle is going to pick your side, Mike, he always does."

Vic threw his hands in the air in frustration before literally storming out of the room. I really should pay more attention to arguments.

"Because he loves me and knows that I'm right. Don't you Tony?"

Mike wrapped me in a bone crushing hug causing Jaime to gag and follow Vic outside. I turned to face Mike with a guilty look on my face.

"Err Mike I kind of zoned out earlier and have no idea what I agreed to by picking your side."

"You're precious turtle. Let's just say for now you picked the right side."

He took off my snapback and ruffled my hair before returning it. I gasped and tried to make it look just right while Mike sat back and rolled his eyes at me. He and Gabriela were very much alike; she took more after the giraffe in terms of personality and sass than she did with Vic. I think that's why I was always drawn to Mike more out of the two brothers, plus he sometimes let Gabriela hang out with us when we went drinking and clubbing which wasn't a bad thing.

"Alright Perrentes split it up lovebirds, we have an album to make and it's not about to make itself."

"Sir yes sir!"

Mike saluted Vic as he re-entered the room earning him the Fuentes eye roll the three siblings all had in common. Jaime took his seat back next to me while Mike returned to the drums.

"I'm going to make sure you don't zone out this time turtle. Vic knows you weren't paying any attention to the argument and doesn't blame you because the argument was dumb."

I felt like asking Jaime why Vic couldn't have come over and said that to me himself, but I held my tongue. I needed Vic on my side to make him less suspicious of me and his sister.

Stalk me Online:

Twitter: msbuddingstar

Twitter #2: mediagirl94

YouTube: youtube.com/mediagirl94

YouTube #2: youtube.com/bethrobinson94

Instagram: mediagirl94

Tumblr (Fandom): fangirl94stuff

Tumblr (Personal): writersshadow