Chapter Five

GABRIELA

Tony phoned me last night telling me he was going to pick me up at 2pm today for our secret date. He'd left it until the day before I was due to head out with Sleeping With Sirens for three months so most of my clothes had already been packed. My wardrobe was pretty bare because I wasn't one of those girls who liked having tonnes of clothes, I shopped according to what I needed and then donated old clothes to thrift shops.

San Diego had beautiful weather almost all year round so I owned a few dresses. Normally my outfits of choice consisted of distressed or band-related items. But I actually wanted to look pretty for Tony, I actually wanted to look like a girl. And I knew one person who could help me and keep my secret at the same time. Katelynne, Kellin's wife who was like my older sister.

"Hello girlie, what do you need from your big sister today?"

Katelynne flopped on her bed as I attempted to make the Skype screen bigger. She was beautiful and Kellin did a good job locking her down. I set my laptop on the end of my bed so that it was facing the wardrobe.

"Before I tell you anything Kate I need to know if you're alone. I love Kellin but he's not very good at keeping secrets, especially not from my brothers."

Katelynne sat up and quirked an eyebrow "Okay now I'm really interested Gabby." She looked around her room before shaking her head "Kellin took Cope out for ice cream. What's your secret?"

"You know Tony and I are really close, well we kissed on Halloween and he asked me on a secret date. I have two hours until he picks me up and I want to look nice."

Katelynne squealed "It's about time turtle manned up and asked you out. Okay, show me your options girlie."

I loved her childish antics. I made my way over to the wardrobe and started pulling out dresses. I put each one against me and posed in front of the screen while waiting for Katelynne to give me either a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Most got thumbs down until I pulled out a tribal print maxi dress that had Katelynne jumping up and down on her bed.

"That's the one Gabby, that's the dress. Now you need a nice pair of sandals to top off the outfit. Then for your hair go with curls and keep your makeup minimal because Tony likes the natural look."

"Thanks, Kate. Please don't tell anyone, you know my brothers strict no dating rule."

She nodded and did the zip motion across her lips.

"Your secret is safe with me Gabby. But I do want details." A door opened behind her cutting her off for a second before she recomposed herself and waved at the screen "Kellin's home. Speak soon." Then she hung up on me.

I had one hour to get myself ready.

~1 Hour Later~

I twirled in front of my mirror happy with my overall look. You could just about see the black sandals under the maxi dress, hell I'd even gone above and beyond and painted my toenails black to match my nails. My hair sat in loose curls that didn't look too over the top and my makeup consisted of a light pink lipstick and some eyeliner to make my eyes pop.

On my bedside table, my phone vibrated. It was a message from Tony. I was about to open it when I heard a knock on the front door. I assumed it was Tony and ignored the message slipping the phone into a clutch bag before skipping out of the bedroom towards the front door.

"To-wait Mike...what are you doing here?"

My older brother stood on my doorstep smiling like an idiot. I couldn't keep the surprise out of my voice because I wasn't expecting him. Luckily I stopped myself from saying Tony's name. He looked me up and down.

"Going somewhere sis? Who's To?"

He pushed past me into the apartment not even giving me a chance to answer his questions. I had to make up something on the spot then I remembered Tony's message and pulled out my phone and slid it open.

Turtle: I saw Mike pull up outside your apartment so I parked around the corner

So Tony had tried to warn me of my brother's presence. Mike cleared his throat forcing me to look up at him, I hated being put on the spot and lying.

"Err I'm meeting Tory and Stacy for coffee. You've met them before, they are also photographers. Tory was going to pick me up but now she's meeting me at the coffee shop."

"Even though I have a girlfriend who I love, you have some pretty hot photographer friends sis."

I nodded and chewed my lip as the lie rolled easily off my tongue. Even though Mike wouldn't think I was lying to him because I was his innocent little sister, if he told Vic then he might check up to see if I really was with Tory and Stacy. I needed to warn my friends in advance.

Gabby (To Tory): Hi girl, if my brothers message you I'm having coffee with you and Stacy. I'm actually going on a date and they don't approve of the guy. I'll also message Stacy x love you x

Gabby (To Stacy): Sup Stacy, if my brothers message you I'm having coffee with you and Tory. I've already messaged Tory. I'm actually going on a date and they don't approve of the guy x

Gabby (To Tony): Thanks for the heads up. I think Mike believed my lie to why I'm dressed up. I'll get rid of him as soon as I can and meet you around the corner xxx

I slid the phone back into my bag and watched as my brother crouched in front of my DVD collection.

"Err Mike what are you doing?"

"You borrowed my Harry Potter collector's box set and since you're going to be gone for three months I thought I'd get it back."

Mike was obsessed with Harry Potter and it was safe to say so was I, although I did like Star Wars slightly more. I stayed standing by the door as Mike found what he was looking for and cheered before standing back up.

"Found it, now I'll get out of your hair sis. Have a good time with your friends and don't have too much fun on tour."

He pulled me into a bear hug and I hugged him back.

"I'll moderate my fun. See you in three months big brother. Don't get too frustrated about the album, you guys will smash it."

We pulled back and I followed Mike out of the apartment but not before grabbing my car keys to make it look like I was actually driving to the coffee shop. Mike got into his car and waved before driving off. I waited until he was around the corner before I all but ran towards Tony's car.

He stood leaning casually against the passenger side scrolling through his phone. For once he wasn't wearing a snapback but still wore his geeky glasses, he looked hot. He looked up as I approached and I found my cheeks heating up as he clearly checked me out.

"Wow," He runs his hand through his short hair mouth hanging open.

"Stop it, Tony, you're making me blush."

He pushes himself off the door and wraps his arms around my waist before leaning in for a kiss which I accept and kiss back with equal passion. After a couple of minutes of making out, he pulls back wearing a grin before dangling something in front of my face.

"What's that for Tony?"

He shot me an 'are you kidding me?' look as he placed the blindfold over my eyes and tied it behind the back of my head.

"It's a blindfold silly so you can't see where I'm taking you. This is a secret date after all. Now your carriage awaits my princess."

I heard the car door open and allowed Tony to guide me inside before he closed the door behind me. He really was taking the whole secret part of this date seriously.

Stalk me Online:

Twitter: msbuddingstar

Twitter #2: mediagirl94

YouTube: youtube.com/mediagirl94

YouTube #2: youtube.com/bethrobinson94

Instagram: mediagirl94

Tumblr (Fandom): fangirl94stuff

Tumblr (Personal): writersshadow