Chapter Seventeen

TONY

All I did was get up, shower, perform, attend signings and interviews, food and then sleep. The day Gabriella left me in the park she took my light away leaving me depressed. I was still mad at Vic and Mike, although with each passing day I could have sworn the guilt was slowly eating away at them. Jaime was my confidant; he kept me updated on Gabriella who was also depressed. What kept me going was knowing Gabriella still loved me even though she told Jaime that in private.

One day I'd find a way for the two of us to be together, but for now, I had to deal with the pain of never being able to touch or kiss her again.

JAIME

After we got back to the bus Tony excused himself to go and sleep in his bunk like he usually did. I was concerned about his health and mental state, he ate the bare minimal and looked like he'd slipped back into depression. Gabriella was also taking the breakup hard, she ignored her brothers and only talked to me. I slumped down in the front lounge and put out my phone to do my daily check on Gabriella.

Hime-Time: Evening little taco, how are you feeling? The show went great, our fans are amazing x

Gabby: You do have amazing fans, Jaime. In terms of my feelings, I feel like someone ripped out my heart making it impossible for me to feel anything...

Hime-Time: I thought you were going to try and turn yourself around little one...what happened to that plan?

Gabby: I should never have cared. But I did care. I cared a lot. And I still fucking care Jaime.

Hime Time: Chin up baby Fuentes, always look on the bright side of life x

"How is she Hime? Vic and I know she talks to you?"

Mike sits down next to me and I reluctantly hand him my phone, he needed to know about his sister's decline in health both mentally and physically. Gabby was like my sister and family looked out for one another, no matter what shit went down in the past.

"I'm not going to lie, Mikey, it doesn't look good. She started off mad at you two, then was happy telling me about her and Tony, but for the last month, she's numb. The depression is really hitting her hard this time and I mean not getting out of bed and going to work hard."

MIKE

I read through the messages between Jaime and Gabriella and I saw the telltale signs of depression. Gabriella was bubbly and fun, but it was like I was seeing a different person. Tony was also depressed, maybe if Vic and I didn't overreact this wouldn't have happened. We were supposed to look after our little sister, but we'd only caused her heartbreak and resentment.

"Is it that bad Mike?"

I handed Vic the phone as he leaned against the counter opposite me, and it didn't take him too long to break down and drop the phone to the floor with shaky hands.

"We caused this Mike, we only wanted what we thought was best for her. Who knew that would be Tony of all people. We broke both of them; they're each other's happiness. We're awful brothers."

Jaime stands up and pulls Vic into a hug rubbing his back to try and calm him down. Vic may be the tougher brother, but he was also the emotional brother and took things to heart. Although he didn't show it up until this point, Gabrielle ignoring him was eating him up inside. We both knew we messed up and were dealing with the consequences.

"You're not awful brothers just a bit overprotective. But you can both make this right for Gabriella and Tony's sake. Get off your high horses and put your sister's happiness before the music. It's never too late to fix a mess."

Jaime was right, but what could we do? The damage had been done and now we had to deal with the consequences. Picking up the pieces would be hard but Jaime was right, happiness and family had to come before music for once. Then an idea came to mind, an idea that might just work if I could get a few people on board.

"Vic I know what we need to do. We need to go against our one rule."

Vic glances at me with teary eyes.

"What do you mean Mike?"

"We're going to get Tony and Gabriella back together again. We were idiots thinking splitting them up would make things better. Our sister is close to a tipping point and Tony is lying in his bunk contemplating ending it all."

Vic wipes away his tears and slowly stands back up. I motion for Jaime to get his phone off the floor which he does without question. There was one person we'd need to make sure our plan worked, and Jaime was the only person currently on this bus who had a chance of convincing Gabriella to come back to Warped to give us a shot to make things right.

"I'll message her Mike, but she'll be hard to coax."

Jaime leaves the bus. Vic curses loudly and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Hopefully, your plan doesn't backfire Mike. I think we both want our baby sister back in our lives. We just need to keep this quiet around Tony until Gabriella agrees to come back."

I nod, Vic's request to keep Tony in the dark was easier said than done. He kept to himself and didn't make much conversation recently. If this all worked out we'd not only have our sister back, but also our guitar playing turtle.

GABRIELLA

My sudden boost of confidence in myself was short-lived, as the next day I tried to leave the apartment but found an excuse to keep myself inside locked away from the world. Jaime didn't believe any of my lies anymore so I just lay all my cards on the table. He had to think I was stupid if he thought I didn't know he was playing messenger with my brothers, some of the questions he asked me recently sounded more like what Mike or Vic would ask me instead of an impartial friend. Maybe this would be the kick in the ass my brothers needed to man up and own up to their mistakes and admit it was stupid to break me and Tony up.

On the coffee table, my phone vibrates. I lazily pick it up to see a new message off Jaime.

Hime-Time: I have a confession Gabs...please don't hate me...but I kind of have been sharing little bits of information about you with your brothers...

It only took him two months to come clean to me. But I couldn't stay mad at my Mexican hedgehog, he'd done enough for me and Tony during the time we were together that I couldn't hold anything against him.

Gabby: I could never hate you Jaime

Hime-Time: Thank god I'd die if you hated me little taco...now I need you to listen and keep an open mind about what I'm going to tell you

Gabby: What?

Hime-Time: Mike and Vic have seen the error of their ways and want to get you and Tony back together again. Tony's in a bad state and they want to make it up to both of you.

I was gobsmacked by what I was reading on my screen. Was Jaime being serious? Had my brothers finally come to their senses and decided enough was enough and were going to let Tony and I be together? It seemed too good to be true, and then there was the Tony element because for all I knew he hated me for what I put him through.

Gabby: Tony hates me!

Hime-Time: No he doesn't! He's a mess without you! Come back to Warped and hear your brothers out!

I sit back and chew my lip, going back to Warped would mean forcing myself out of the apartment and rejoining the real world and potentially opening myself to even more damage and heartbreak, especially if my brothers plan failed and Tony rejects me. But what's that saying, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger? It was now or never to get the love of my life back.

Gabby: I'll book the first flight out x    

Stalk me Online:

Twitter: msbuddingstar

Twitter #2: mediagirl94

YouTube: youtube.com/mediagirl94

YouTube #2: youtube.com/bethrobinson94

Instagram: mediagirl94

Tumblr (Fandom): fangirl94stuff

Tumblr (Personal): writersshadow