Chapter 4: Fine

I never drank in my whole life and seeing everyone drunk wasn't particulary tempting. I guess people drank to free themselves from their problems but I don't have enough problems to do this, I guess. I sit next to Jake.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry, Grayson is just a dick."

"Yeah I Know, but it's okay at least you're Nice. His brother too. But I just can't understand why he hates me that much-"

"It must Be because you're not at his feet. Most of the girls like him and he's used to it. Now that you're..different, he doesn't appreaciate it."

I think about it during a second. Since we met, I did nothing but disagreeing with him. I'm not ready to stop defending myself, thought. He's rude and i'm not letting him play any more of his games with me.

I tell my roomie that i'm heading home, i'm dead tired. His eyes widened. He wanted to drive me home but I told him I had a ride.

Well i'm just taking the taxi.

°°°

I'm on my bed laying and talking to Matt. He was mad with me going at a party the second day of college, with boys and without warning him. He sounds like my dad but he's right. I Wouldn't like him doing something like this. He wasn't really mad. He is to Nice to Be mad. Matt is a sweet and kind person. I promised him I Wouldn't go to another party any soon. It's not my type of party, this is for sure.

I go to bed as soon as I hang up with Matt. God I miss him. Our distance relation-ship just started but I already miss him so much. Hope I'll see him soon.

°°°

I'm at WDC and i'm trying to go find the library. My next class will Be in two hours so I thought I could make some exploring. The halls are empty and I can hear teachers making their classes. Naturally, I look inside each of them. I suddendly stop when I see someone next to a teacher with a paper in his hands. The blonde bitch's boyfriend. Poor him. I can only see his back but I decide to listen to him. He's presenting something. I can't believe my ears when I hear the words he says. His oral presentation is very elaborated and weirdly he looks very smart. No offense but why Would someone like him, date someone like her ?
I can't tell him that his girlfriend cheated on her, it's none of my business and She hates me enough. I could say that my only friends are Ethan and Jake. But I never talk with Ethan. So it only leaves Jake.

°°°

I'm home, watching TV. I'm watching Keeping up with the Kadarshians because their problems are so ridiculous, it becomes hilarious. I hear the door open, Jake comes in.

"Hi Charlotte"

"Hey Jake."

"I'm going to eat dîner, I don't really Cook, want to join ?"

" Oh I can cook for you but You'll have to join me. I'll teach you how to"

" You can cook ? You Would do a perfect wife !" he smiles.

"And you, a horrible man ! The women can't Be the only one cooking! " I respond, smiling. I'm a feminist, and proud.

"You're a feminist, right ?"

"Yup. Don't even argue with me when it comes to feminism and our women's rights !"

He laughs. We hear the Bell ring. I open the door, and see Grayson and Ethan. Grayson enters without looking at me and Ethan apoligizes for his behaviour. I'm used to it anyway.

"Jake ! Where are we eating ?"

"Actually, Charlotte is cooking for me" responds Jake.

"I can Cook for Ethan too ! I don't mind...and I guess Grayson too"

"I sure as Hell don't want to get my plate poisoned" remarks Grayson, making the boys laugh.

" Okay, so it's decided ! I'm not cooking for Grayson " I mumble, rolling my eyes.

"Fine" he responds.

"Fine" I repeat, shooting him a glare.

"Fine"

"F-"

"Please ! " interupts Ethan laughing. I burst out laughing and so does Grayson and Jake. I can tell you that seeing Grayson laughing is something wonderful. It seems like pure happiness. His teeth are white and his eyes are...just more colorful. I'd do anything to hear this cute laugh more often. It sounded like music to my ears. There wasn't any touch of sadness or anger, only pure happiness. I felt like he could Be another person under All this...pouting.

When he isn't smiling, he's angry. Maybe even sad... Sincerely, I think he's just broken.

Yes, broken. This what Grayson Dolan is. Broken.