Jason

Jason took an object out of his pocket, a pin from Piper's hair. He bent it to suit the curves of the lock, slowly twisting it. Click! 

Jason threw the door open and ran as hard as he could. At the front gates, he stole a horse and galloped as fast as the horse would let him in the direction of Athens.

----------------------------------------------------

The city was practically in ruins. The building of stone were in pieces, the buildings of wood in flames. Smoke curled from the remains of houses. People screamed and tried to escape the dying city.

"Get out of here while you can!" An old man called as he himself stumbled away from Athens, supported by a walking stick. Jason gazed sympathetically after the man and continued on his journey.

-----------------------------------------

"Jason!" Percy ran up and hugged him. "You made it!"

"Where are the others?"

"I'm not sure. Annabeth, Thalia, Conner and Miranda is in the cellar. Rachel is missing. I think I saw Piper, Travis and Katie somewhere." Jason cursed under his breath.

"C'mon," he commanded. "Take me to the cellar. Down the hall they could hear sobbing.

"Katie, you've got to shut up! Someone's gonna hear us!" Jason surged forward as Piper turned the corner. She heaved a sigh of relief. Her white chiton had a tear in the side that went all the way up to her thigh. The strap was dangling. Her hair was a mess. Half of it was still in her braid, and half of it wasn't. She has smudges all over her face, and she was hauling a dead body, but she was still gorgeous.

"Are you okay?" he demanded.

"I'm fine. How did you escape?"

"That's not important. Who-"

"Is that Travis?" Percy pushed Jason aside, but Jason didn't mind. "What happened?" he demanded. Piper explained how Travis had come to escort her to safety, how they had found Katie, and how Travis had been shot, and Katie almost shot.

"There are guards a few halls away," she explained. "We have to hurry." Jason grabbed her hand and they made their way to the cellar.