Nico

"Nico! Nico! Nico!" Nico turned around. He had been speaking to Grace, who had discovered an hour ago that her mother was dead. Annabeth was panting. "We-need you...now."

"For what?" Nico asked.

"The romans agreed to a ceasefire to attempt diplomacy," she said, catching her breath and sitting down on a wine crate. "They informed us that twenty years ago, they had a princess-"

"And it was Thalia," Nico said, cutting them off.

"Yes. But since Thalia is dead, they are willing to keep peace for you and Grace to come. They want you to explain the situation and they want to see Grace." Nico nodded and turned to Grace.

"Wait... mommy was a princess?" Nico smiled.

"Yeah. Come on, there are some people that want to meet you." He hoisted her up into his arms and followed Annabeth out onto the battlefield where they met Piper. Nico set down Grace, and she hid behind him, clutching his leg.

"I have been informed that you can explain what is going on here," Reyna said to Nico.

"Yes," Nico answered. "When I was two, an old man appeared at our doorstep in the dead of night with a baby in his arms. He said that he had found her in the woods while he was traveling. He was old and ill, and he had found the nearest home to give her to in the hopes that they would find a good family for her. My mother fell in love with Thalia, so we kept her. She had been left in a basket with a note that said only that her name was Thalia.

"When Thalia was four, a young woman appeared at our doorstep. She said her name was Catherine, and that she was here about Thalia. She told us that she was a roman peasant, and the four years prior, a woman had gone through the worst parts of the Roman capital, looking for young healthy men who needed money.

"She told us that she called herself Juno, and she dressed all of the men in Greek armor. She paid all of the women in the village to say if questioned, that they had seen her, aided by Greek soldiers, carrying the baby away from the castle. She told us that the girl was princess Thalia.

"As Thalia got older, my mother and I told Thalia that her father had left her mother when Thalia was born, and that her mother had died in childbirth. When Thalia was married, I told Luke for Thalia's protection. Later, when Thalia was pregnant with Grace, she faked her death, afraid that the story we had made up about her parents would happen to her. About a week ago Luke found out she was alive. He met Grace before he died." The Roman army was silent.

"So this was the work of Juno," Reyna concluded. Nico nodded. She sighed. "I suppose then, that there is no need for any more bloodshed. We will return and tell King Jupiter what we have learned. The question lies in who will be next in line for the throne. Prince Jason has escaped from our dungeons. Grace is here. Who-"

"ROMANS!" Everyone turned to see a guy in a toga with blonde hair holding a knife. "We didn't just fight this war for the princess! Greeks have been plaguing us with their presence for centuries! We are the greatest empire in history! We can rid the earth of these Greek scum for good!" About two thirds of the Roman army cheered and waved their weapons. ]

"So what are you waiting for?" He asked. "ATTACK!" The two thirds of the Roman army surged forward, attacking the Greeks. Nico scooped up Grace and ran. Annabeth grabbed Piper's arm and fled as well. The war was just getting started.

IMPORTANT!!!!!!:

So I made some edits to the story in past chapters that were confusing people. (i.e. duffel bags, ages, 18th birthday when she's allegedly 22, Hazel not remembering her child, etc.) I also deleted most of the chapters that weren't part of the story. A major development is coming soon.