Frank

"Hazel, stay here with Jade," Frank commanded. Hazel tried to protest, but Frank cut her off with a passionate kiss.

"Stay here," he repeated, and left before she could stop him. The field of war was bloody. People dueled in battles to the death: Roman against Greek. Frank was about to change that.

He slung his bow over his shoulder and slid his fingers into the cracks between the stones. He took it one stone at a time. His arms were sore and his legs burned, but he kept moving anyway. When he reached the top of the half-collapsed tower, he pulled out his bow again.

The arrow slid into place with ease, and moved through the air with beautiful proficiency. Frank picked off Roman soldiers one by one. He may be a Roman, but is loyalties lay with his family, and he knew that his Roman counterparts would kill his wife and daughter with no hesitation.

"That treasonous traitor!" Frank saw Octavian standing over Percy to the side of the warzone. His glare pierced Frank like one of his own arrows, but Frank ignored it. Calmly, he lifted his bow. The arrow slid into place. Wooosh!

The arrow hit Octavian slightly off the intended target (his chest). The head buried itself into his leg. He cried out in pain. The hem of the toga was soaked with blood. Percy rose to advance on him in his exposed state, but three of his guards intercepted. One mimicked Percy's move of hitting the hilt against the forehead. Percy crumpled to the ground. One of the guards advanced to kill Percy. Frank got his bow ready, but he'd never make it in time. The guard brought his sword over Percy.

There was a flash of gold. The guard was disarmed. Frank tried to focus on who had disarmed the guard, but it was difficult. They were too fast. All three guards were disarmed, and Frank was able to see the disarmer, because she had stopped. Octavian had crawled away to a guarded Roman enclosure.

"Annabeth?" Frank muttered. Annabeth kicked one guard who tried to pick up his weapon. The poor guy groaned and ceased his attempts to fight back. Annabeth knelt next to Percy and shook him. Percy groaned and awoke, blinking the light out of his eyes.

"Annabeth? I told you-"

"Have I ever listened to you?" Percy grunted.

"Good point." Annabeth smiled slightly and brushed some hair out of Percy's eyes. She glanced at his arm, which was bleeding badly.

"Come one, let's get you inside,"  she insisted, helping him up and supporting him.

"Annabeth,"Percy said softly. She turned to him.

"Yes?" He leaned in and kissed her. He ran his hand through her curly blonde hair. She put her arms around his neck. Annabeth finally pulled away reluctantly.

"You need medical attention," she reminded him, leading him to the ruins of the castle.

Frank raised his bow to shoot more Romans, but someone cleared their throat behind him. He turned and almost fell over the side of the tower in shock.

"Drop the bow, Zhang," Reyna commanded, moving the knife closer to Hazel's throat. Frank slowly complied.

"Let her go, Reyna," he pleaded.

"You know I can't do that Frank."

"Take me instead."

"I'm not sure that's a very Roman decision, Frank," Reyna chided.

"Reyna-" it all happened so fast. Reyna pushed Hazel to the edge. Hazel hit the side and went toppling over. Frank couldn't let that happen. Before she went over the edge, Frank grabbed her arm and pulled her back quickly. The force sent him forward, and instead, Frank fell over the edge. He could hear Hazel scream, and Frank's last thoughts were hopes that she and Jade would be okay.