Annabeth

"Where are they!" she demanded. Conner put his hands up in surrender.

"I don't know, don't look at me-" the cellar door was thrown open. Piper, Katie, Jason and Percy ran in and locked the door behind them. Piper was carrying- Travis- dead. Conner let out a strangled yelp.

"Travis-" tears started to fall. Piper awkwardly put down the body. Everyone left Conner to mourn in peace, except for Katie, who mourned with him, and Miranda, who comforted them both.

"Percy!" She threw her arms around him. When they broke apart, he leaned in and kissed her so passionately, that Annabeth was caught off guard. "What was that?" she asked breathlessly. Percy looked down.

"Annabeth-" he took a deep breath. "I'm going to fight for my city."

"Percy, I just got you back! You can't-"

"Annabeth, I'm not just going to sit here and wait while my city dies." she looked down, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Okay." he turned to Piper.

"Princess, your father was killed in the attacks." Piper's hands flew up to her face and tears rolled down her cheeks. "With your mother missing, you are the only lasting heir to the throne of Athens, the Capital of the great country Greece." Piper nodded. Percy got an his knee and bowed. Jason and a few other men followed his lead. "We await your orders." Piper stood on a crate of wine.

"Men of Athens!" she called. All of the men in the room turned to look at her. "Athens has fallen to the hands of the Romans. Are we going to let them keep it?"

"NO!!!!!!!" All of the men roared.

"Then pick up your maces, your axes and your swords. Let's drive these Romans our of OUR CITY!" The men roared in approval. They picked up their weapons, and charged out of the cellar to fight. Percy kissed Annabeth. When he tried to pull away, Annabeth held him longer. Finally broke apart.  

"Come back to me," she said, choking on tears. "Please." Percy gave her a reassuring smile. "I will."