Part 2

I wake up with a start, tears flowing down my eyes, my fragile heart racing.
I look over at my clock and see it's only four in the morning.
I squeeze my eyes shut hoping to rid myself of the nightmare I've just escaped.
I lay in bed staring up at the ceiling trying to relax so my heart rate goes down, and when it continues racing minutes later I grab ahold of a tiny white pill and swallow it.
No need for heart attack.

I sit up and lean my head in my hands, I don't understand why the nightmares still haunt me. What did I do to deserve this life and why can't I help but await the end of it.
I see his face lifeless behind my closed eyes and more tears fall down my face.

I stand to my feet not bothering to wipe my tear stained face, I know there's more to come. I slip on my shoes and open my window, my parents are the lightest sleepers ever so this is my escape route for tonight.
I make sure to pocket my phone before I climb onto the roof outside my window and make my way down the house till my feet are safely on the ground.

I start walking on a familiar path in the woods picking flowers every so often, and even in the dark I know exactly where I'm going.
Soon enough I reach my destination and more hot tears stream down my face at the sight of the old tree house.

I clutch the flowers I gathered in my hands and walk to the base of the treehouse and set them down.
I sit down across from the trees and cry at the memories evading my head.
I hated myself for torturing myself like I was, I guess I liked the pain that this tree gave me.

~flashback~
"Come on Havanna, jake told me he'd meet us at 3 were late!!" I told the 15 year old girl as I pulled her through the wood to meet up with our bestfriend.
Havanna, jake and I are all the best of friends and couldn't live without each other, we did everything together.
I would never tell Havanna but jake is secretly my favorite, and that's not just because he was my first, were just really close, we told each other everything.
"I don't understand why he didn't just meet us at school, we could've walked together" she says trailing behind me.

"Oh well, we're almost there anyway" I say happily as we push past a bush.
"So what's been going on with you two" she asks with a sly smirk and I blush a little.
She knows exactly what's been going on she just likes embarrassing me.

I'm about to give her a smart reply as we step past another bush but my voice gets stopped in my throat at the sight in front of me.
No.
Havana let out a scream as my stomach dropped.
There jake was, but he wasn't smiling happily at us with his dimple smile and bright blue eyes.
No.
There he hung. A rope around his neck, a permanent frown creased his face and his once bright blue eyes now dull stared back at me coldly.
I wasn't in control of my body anymore as I rushed forwards leaving a historical Havanna behind me.
I had to help him.
I quickly climbed up the tree and untied the knot that wrapped tightly around the branch.
His body feel limply and landed with a loud thump.
Quickly I jump down not caring if I hurt myself, I had to save him.
I untied the rope around his neck, barely able to see, my vision blurred with tears.
"Havanna go get help!!!" I scream at her and she runs most likely to my house, it's the closest.
I don't know what to do.
I scan my brain in search for what to do. Nothing.
His chest isn't moving not that I can see.... Cpr!! Maybe I can help him!
I press down on his chest hoping to give him air.
I press my mouth to his and give him air like how I learned when we were lifeguards last summer.
"Please jake no" I cry as I continue to try and help him " you can't leave me!" I cry hysterically as his dull eyes stare back at me a bright red line going all the way across his neck. His eyes are Almost taunting me, letting me know they'll never be bright and happy again. I knew he had it tuff at home with his abusive drunk ass dad but I never thought he'd actually do this.

Before I know what's happening I'm being pulled of jake.
I scream in protest and hit at the person and try to reach for him.
"Brook sweetie stop they need to take him away" I realize it's my dad who's trying to take me away from jake.
"No!! He can't be dead!?" I scream as a medical team comes through the bushes and straight to jake.
I'm hysterical as I try to reach him again but my dad has a firm grip on my hips keeping me still.

I look through my tears to my side and see Havanna being comforted by my mom who also has tears in her eyes.
"I have to help him" I say in a whisper my throat raw from screaming.
Then they take him away.

~end of flashback~

I look to the spot where my bestfriend hung two years ago and wipe my tears off my face.

"I miss you" I say sadly then slowly stand to my feet. There's a unmistakable pain of heartbreak sitting heavily in my chest.
My tears dry as I walk back to my house and slowly climb into my open window.
If only he was here now, I can't help but think.
If he knew I had a nightmare he'd be here in seconds, but sadly he's not here anymore.
With that taught I drift off into a not so peaceful sleep.

-.-.-.--.-
Big thanks to idfcidfcidfcidfc aka for letting me use her name!
And this was kinda a sad chapter, but I really hoped you liked it.
Let me know :) have a lovely day