Part 3

School the hell for teenagers where we learn the most unimportant subject just so we can pass tests.

My thoughts wondered all over as I sit staring off at the back of the band room witch was in front of me.
And this band building had exactly 132 cracks in it, yes my boredom has driven me to counting cracks.
This lunch period was like all the others where I sit cross legged and just look at my surroundings.
Well it was all normal, that is until someone pushed the band rooms back door open and stepped out side.
Hmm that's unusual, the whole two years I've sat here not one person has made their way out of that door, until today that is.
I look closer at the tall male standing no more then 15 feet away , trying to see who they may be.
See around here everybody knew everybody and that's just how it is.

Finally I understood who the guy was, his dark hair and leather jacket making it obvious that it was no other than mason hill or as most like to call him the 'bad boy' of the town, personally I just roll my eyes at such a cliche title.

But there he was living up to his cliche as he firmly held a cigarette between his lips, hands cupped around his lighter as he attempted to block the wind so he could lite the darn thing.
He eventually got the tobacco filled stick lit and starting smoking it.
It took him perhaps twenty more seconds before he noticed me, most likely feeling my stare.

We held eye contact awkwardly for a few seconds before he spoke up "whatcha lookin at"

I quickly find my voice that's been hidden all day "cigarettes are bad for you" I say, it being the only thing I could think of at the moment.
I wasn't judging him, considering at one time I also smoked them but let's just say they didn't help with my heart problems.

"Yeah, and?" He says taking another drag and puffing the smoke out.

"They can kill you, ya know?" I say while maintaining eye contact.

He pauses for a minute then says "that's the plan"

"What a lovely plan" I mutter sourly, it's really lovely how humans are the only creatures who can love themselves but hate themselves all at the same time.
Mason makes him way to me with his cigarette in hand, looking as confident as always.
Five feet, four feet, and three feet away, that's how far from me he is, the toxic fumes from his cigarette hitting me, making me cringe at the memories it brings.

"So what's you're name" he asks smoothly taking a seat next to me on the steps.

I sigh softly not sure if I want his attention or not considering it's all I've gotten all school year.
"Brook and you are?" I ask trying to offer a somewhat sweet smile as my long hair blows around my face slightly.
"You can call me mason, and I mean it call me" he winked at me making me wrinkle my nose slightly and give him a weird look.

"alright" I trail off not knowing where this conversation was headed.

"Do ya sit here everyday?" He asks puffing off his cigarette every now and again.

"Yeah" maybe is I use short responses he will go away and I can continue to drown in my self pity.
"Ahh bummer, I was thinkin of making this my friends and I's new hang out during lunch"

I scowl at his cocky smirk "um I think not" I say just before the bell rings and we both stand to our feet .

"I think you can just find some where else to sit, shorty" he smirks and stomps his cigarette out on the ground.

My death glare intensifies the more he speaks, I'm not short I'm 5'2 it's not my fault he's overly tall at about 6'3.
"And I think you can just go fuck yourself"

"Ouch, babe your words hurt" he says with mock sadness as he clenches his chest right over his heart.

At that point I decided it's best to just give him one last glare and start walking away.
"See ya later, shorty" I hear him snicker right before I open the door to the library, I just keep my head down and make my way to class.