Imagine #2 - Surprise! Early Update!

#2 - Imagine you admitting that sometimes you feel like you're just a disappointment or a nuisance to Lex. Lex is both sad and surprised, because he never expected you to feel like this, and sometimes Lex feels like that himself and would never want anyone else to feel like that.

A/N - Y/E/C = Your eye color

Brace yourselves for the cheesiest thing I've ever written.

~

As soon as Lex left to run his business, your mind was no longer distracted by his rambling and quirky behavior. Your mind clouded up with thoughts of despair and doubt. In past relationships, you never really lived up to the expectation of a significant other that your partner expected. You've had partners who snapped at your subtle clingyness, making you feel like a nuisance. You didn't want to let Lex down. You just sat on the couch, hugging your knees for a little while before going out and being a productive member of Metropolis society. You rarely had these thoughts, but when you did, boy, they came full swing.

Suddenly, the door swung open. You looked up to see Lex rushing in.

"I forgot to grab something before I left, do you know where my - Y/N?" his face grew worried. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just tired," you fabricated. You didn't want him worrying about you, especially when your worries seemed so petty.

"Are you sure? I've seen you when you're tired, and you normally don't come off nearly as morose as you're conveying right now. Seriously, you can tell me if anything's wrong."

"Nah, I don't wanna bother you. Anyways, what were you looking for?" you asked, trying to get him off the topic.

"You know me better than to think that saying that will make me leave you alone."

Well, he wasn't wrong. Lex wasn't the kind of person that you could pull off that kind of BS with. You figured maybe you could get away with it one time, but he's always been too smart for that.

"Alright, fine. I underestimated you by trying to do that," you admitted.

"Damn straight," he sat down next to you and put his arm around your shoulders, pulling you in closer. "Now tell me, what's going on?"

"Well, I've always kind of felt like I'm either a disappointment or a nuisance to you. You're out practically running the city, and I'm just a thing in your way. A distraction. I feel like I'm clingy. I've always been like this in past relationships, and I'm trying to make sure you don't snap like my other partners did. I guess I'm just trying to avoid the inevitable," as soon as you stopped talking, a wave of guilt crashed over you. The look on Lex's face didn't look good, and you were stressing over what he was going to say next.

He cupped your face with his hands and stared deeply into your Y/E/C eyes, "Y/N, I want you to know that I've never and will never, see you as a disappointment or a nuisance, because you're none of those things. If anything, I thought I was the nuisance. I'm fairly sporadic and can come off as intense at times, as you may know, so I figured I was the one who was annoying you. I try to not dwell on those thoughts, but when I do something stupid or outlandish, I feel as if I just pushed you away. It's one of the worst feelings to have, and I hoped that I was the only one to feel this way," he explained.

"So...neither of us have to feel this way now?" you asked hopefully.

"Thankfully, no. Never again. If you ever feel this way again, please tell me. I'll drop anything for you," he pulled you in and embraced you, not letting you go, and in the cliché style of a romantic film, time slowed down.

Lex's head popped up after a while.

"Wait, what did I come in here for?"

A/N That had so many cliches in it I'm so sorry cx Anyways, I felt like writing something today, and I just kinda threw this together. Although it's kinda generic, I kinda like it. Hopefully you guys liked it too! Please leave suggestions, as I'm gonna run out of ideas soon lmao. See you guys on Wednesday or Thursday!