Imagine #5

#5 - Imagine a night under the stars with Lex.

~

It was 8:30 at night, and Lex had managed to finish work early. You had suggested that you guys go out and look under the stars. It was something you've always wanted to do, it seemed that in almost every movie you watched and every book you read, the obligatory couple always sat under the stars, and you wanted to see what the big deal was. Lex thought it was a cute idea, so he drove you to the park, which had a hill that you two walked up to sit under the sky.

Lex had his arm around you, and you were nestled into his chest. You put both arms around him and he rested his head on yours. You and him stayed there for what seemed like ages, yet seemed really short once he pulled back a little. You looked up at him with a confused expression. He gave you a smile and pulled you in closer.

"I love you so much," Lex whispered into your ear. You felt your face get hot as you put your head deeper into Lex's embrace.

"I love you too," you smiled, although he couldn't see it.

"I believe this is the part where I make some cheesy metaphor about your eyes looking like stars?" Lex joked.

"Yes, that would be the part," you looked up at him. "Or we can flip the stereotype around and, maybe," you fake gasped, "I could say it?"

"Go for it, sweetheart."

"Well, uh, your eyes are as bright as the stars," you said sarcastically. Lex smiled down at you.

"Well, thank you," he jokingly flipped his hair. "This is nice, though. The whole 'sitting under the stars' thing. I can see why it's a common trope in books and movies."

"Yeah, well, when you spend the majority of your life in your bedroom reading and watching this kind of thing over and over, you get curious, you know?" you smiled.

"I get that," he kissed your head.

You guys spent the next couple of minutes in each other's arms, just enjoying each other's company. You then decided to break the silence.

"You know, I honestly freaking love space. It's so beautiful, like, it's got all these glowing colors, all these mysterious planets, and a ton of sparkling stars, most that we can't even see! Honestly, only the brightest stars glow at night," you raved as Lex looked down at you lovingly.

"Only the brightest? Ah, so that's why I can see you so clearly tonight."

A/N I've been having trouble writing lately, I just can't get into the mood. Hopefully that doesn't show in my writing! cx My friends have left me to do the majority of a big project, and I'm pretty pissed at them, so maybe it's the stress of it that's taken me out of the writing mood (tbh the only reason why I'm still friends with them is because they're my only friends in my science class lmao). So, although I felt that this imagine was short, I can't do a Saturday update like I'd normally do if I felt a usual Wednesday/Thursday one was lacking. Pray for me, I'm so stressed lmao