Imagine #6

#6 - Imagine Lex traveling away for a short period of time. He is surprised to find out that you missed him terribly.

~

You woke up at 12 pm to an empty bed. This has become the norm for you since Lex left on a business trip last week. You wanted to go with him, but you had your own job in Metropolis to worry about. You turned on your phone to find a new text message from Lex.

Good morning! I should be home around 8 o'clock tonight. How have you been? I haven't been able to get service around here, sorry for my digital absence.

You realized that the text said "Good morning", so you checked the time that he sent you the text. Your phone told you that it was sent at 6:30 am. That was pretty early, even for Lex, so you figured he had to pack or go to a meeting. Not wanting to keep him waiting much longer, you sent him a reply.

Good, um, afternoon! I've been good, just missing you.

Although you thought that last part of the text was bordering on clingy, you sent the reply anyways. Lex quickly sent a reply,

Missing me? Aww, well, it'll only be a few hours until I get back. I've been missing you too, I wish you were able to be here with me. It's been so boring!

You felt your face get hot. Lex missed you? Although it seemed dumb to question it, you could never really imagine that. You sent him a reply:

I can't wait for you to get home, I've been lonely! My friends are all concerned with work and their relationships right now, so I've basically been on my own. :(

Lex replied:

Now I feel bad! I have to go to a meeting now, hate to abandon you, but work is work. Love you!

You sent a "love you too" text and got out of bed. You did your usual morning routine, despite the fact that it was the afternoon, and you continued working on a project that your boss had you do over the weekend.

Around 8:00, you looked up from your monitor, having just completed the work. It kept you distracted for a while, and you realized that Lex was about to come home any minute now. You smiled, put down your laptop, and looked at the door. Nothing could distract you now. You were waiting for this moment since last week. Now that moment was almost here.

8:05. Where was he? He said 8:00 in the text, did he not?

8:10. Maybe you misread the text?

8:15. Maybe the text was a dream. After all, you had just woken up when he texted you. Maybe your mind got dreams and real life mixed up. It happened to you often.

8:20. Alright, something was up. You got something wrong, maybe he meant 8:00 tomor-

Creak. The door opened. A familiar auburn haired man walked into the house.

Lex.

Before he could say anything, you ran up and threw your arms around him.

"Oh my gosh, I missed you so much! It feels like ages since I've last seen you!" you exclaimed. Lex smiled and looked down at you.

"You really missed me that much? I was only gone for a week!" he laughed.

"Yes, I did. Never leave me again!" that being said, you were only half joking. You hugged Lex tighter, pulling him in closer to you.

"I'll be sure not to. What's got you all attached, anyways?" he questioned.

"Well, I missed you. A lot. It's been really boring lately, and all I've had was work, and my friends, as you know, are concerned with other stuff. I've been pretty isolated, and I'm just really, really, glad you're home," you finished. Lex looked down at you with a shy expression.

"I didn't realize I meant that much to you," he said softly.

"Well, you do. You mean a lot to me, Lex," you murmured. You looked up at him with a gentle, loving expression.

"I've never really meant that much to anyone, I don't understand how you could love me so much," he mumbled. Hating to see him doubt himself, you pulled him in until your lips locked. You ran your fingers through his copper hair, and he put his arms around your waist. You continued to deepen the kiss, its intensity growing with each passing second. You two slowly released, and gazed at each other with admiration.

"Well, I love you. A lot," you reassured him.

"I don't think I have a reason to doubt that now," he smiled.

A/N This week has been so weird, sorry about the late update! Also, this was my first time writing a kissing scene, so it might've been a bit awkward. I'm learning! Next update should be up Wednesday, see you guys then!

Edit: Also, the new cover is by Wattpad user PiedPiper77! It looks amazing omfg