Imagine #7

#7 - This is a continuation of the first imagine, what happens the next day.

~

You walked into the LexCorp building, your heart pounding a million miles a minute. After the whole fire alarm ordeal that happened last night, you had no idea what Lex wanted to talk to you about. Well, that was a bit of a lie. You had a vague idea, but then again, you didn't want to get your hopes up.

As you walked up to the main desk to check in, it was none other than Mercy Graves who approached you.

"There you are. Mr. Luthor wants to see you in his office," she made a "follow me" motion with her hand and lead you to a pair of wooden doors. She knocked on the doors and said,

"It's me, I have Y/N." Almost immediately, a response came from behind the doors.

"Ah, yes! Bring her in," he proclaimed. By the way they were talking, you were nervous as to what exactly was going on. It sounded like you were a prison inmate or something.

Mercy opened the doors and motioned for you to go in. You nervously entered the rather charming looking office, and Mercy closed the door behind you, leaving just you and Lex in the office.

"Well, good morning! Did you get enough sleep last night?" he inquired. You really just wanted to get to what he wanted to talk to you about, so you gave him a short response.

"Yeah, I did. So-" but before you could ask him what he wanted to talk to you about, he cut you off.

"Good, good. I don't want you to be sleep deprived. Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about the document a bit more," he stated. Your eyes widened in shock, and you just wanted to disappear. Where was Superman when you needed him?

"Um, w-what about it?" you stuttered.

"Well, some of the things you talked about were a bit, erm, shocking, to say the least," he began. You started to panic a bit more. Was he going to fire you? Most likely not, he seemed pretty content with you last night.

"Oh, um, I was just going under the assumption that I wouldn't make such a silly mistake as to accidentally send you the document," your panic levels continued to rise.

"However, I'm pretty delighted that you made such an accident. I'd say it was fate, if I am to be so ambitious," he smirked and started to walk closer to you. You were at a loss for words, and all you could do was stand in stunned silence. Lex chuckled.

"It was cute, and to be honest, I've had my eye on you since your job interview," he confessed.

"Really?" you questioned. Now, you never majorly stood out, but you weren't a plain Jane either. But to have the head of one of Metropolis' biggest corporations wanting you was just insane. Lex was basically a celebrity, and getting together with people like him only happens in fiction, or at least, that what you used to think.

"Of course!" Lex replied, as if he was stating the most obvious fact in the world. "You sound as if you're doubting me!"

"Because I kind of am," you replied rather bluntly. "You're this huge icon in Metropolis, and you can pretty much have any girl you want. So why choose one of your employees?"

"Because that employee is sweet, kind, and rather cute, if I do say so myself," he looked into your eyes and smiled. "And, to be honest, I wouldn't mind taking that employee on a date tonight. What do you think?"

You grinned at him. "I think that employee would love that."

"Meet me here after work today, then," he said with a happy tone to his voice. "Speaking of work, get back to those sales projections you were working on last night, and try to not send any more cute documents."

"Will do!" you chirped. You walked out of his office with a new confidence, looking forward to what the night will bring.  

A/N Holy fRICK this was a long time coming! So much has happened, school ended, a new kid entered my school, I dated and had him break up with me (I'm over him tho lmao he broke up with me a month ago), I watched Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High, and the first 7 seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation, AND still got nothing productive done. Oh well! Updates should be back to normal, I'm so sorry for the long hiatus! Also, I have a fanfiction . net account, where I might write some Degrassi fanfiction on that account. My username is simply jesseeisenberg! I don't know how I managed to snatch that username, but I did! Enough rambling, see you guys next week!