Chapter One: Mirror Day

I awoke to Mabel's pig, Waddles, licking my face. I picked the pig up and set him on the ground with a muttering of "Off pig." I rolled out of bed, and slipped on my vest and shorts, having not had the strength to take off the t shirt I was wearing when I flopped into bed at 12:30 last night after a night out with Wendy and her friends as an old, abandoned skate park, where I basically spent the whole time exorcising ghosts and getting picked on by Robbie. I picked up the journal labeled "3" and slid it into my vest pocket.
I wandered downstairs with Waddles trailing my heels. I picked up a slice of an apple and tossed it into the air, caught by the awaiting Waddles. After a quick breakfast, I wandered into the den, and cried out in surprise to see Wendy crashed out on the chair usually occupied by Stan in his free time.
She cracked open one eye to look at me, then jumped up, perfectly awake.
"Dipper!" she cried "Hey there!"
"W-Wendy!" I stammered. "W-what're you doing here!"
"Dude, I've been here since last night after you got dropped off here I just decided to crash. I'm sure your uncle won't mind," she said with her Wendy-ish grin. My heart was beating so fast, he was sure Wendy would hear it.
"Hey Dipper," She continued. "I saw what you were doing for us at that park, and I just wanted to say thanks. You're amazing at that stuff."
I didn't know what to say. I stammered a bit longer, but Wendy just gave him a high five, which I happily returned.
"So I guess I've got to get to work," Wendy said, grinning sheepishly and rubbing the back of her neck.
"Wendy you're fired," Grunkle Stan said, coming into the room
"Wha- What!" Wendy cried
"Grunkle Stan, you can't do this! She didn't do anything!" I yelled.
"Ahahaha, the looks on you kids faces!" Grunkle Stan cackled. "No, I'm just kidding! In fact, I'm impressed with you, here so early! Tell you what, as a reward, if you can polish maze of mirrors, you can have the rest of the day off! See ya kids." he ruffled my hair and walked out the door.
"Ugh, polishing that maze is gonna take forEVER!" Wendy pouted.
"Hey, I can help you!" I said, jumping forward energetically. "If we work together, we can get this done in like, 2 hours!"
"Thanks man, that would be totally awesome!" Wendy said, springing forward to grab the polish and 2 rags from the kitchen.
"Yes," I quietly whispered under his breath, pumping his fist.
"You coming?" Wendy called from the other room
"Coming!" I called back, running to her.
They got the maze of mirrors, and Wendy tossed me a spray bottle filled with polish and a rag, and we set off, polishing the mirrors back to back of each other.
"So, ah," I stammered. "How's... How's Robbie?"
"Ugh, he and I got into a huge fight yesterday in the car. He absolutely INSISTED I stop being friends with you cause he thinks you have a crush on me or something. Like I mean, come on, I'm 15 and what are you, like, 9?" She said, a twinkle in her eye at the last remark.
"Hey, shut up!" I laughed, fake punching her in the arm.
"Haha, but like really, at this point, I'd probably rather have YOU as a boyfriend than Robbie."
I felt his cheeks growing hot.
"Oh, haha," Dipper laughed nervously.
"Now! Tell her NOW!" I thought.
"So, Wendy, ah, there's something I need to tell you," I stammered out
"Sure dude, you can tell me anything!" Wendy said encouragingly
"Ah, ah," I said, stammering worse than I ever had. "I'll be right back," I said, dropping his bottle of polish and rag, and running out of the room. I ran into Mabel halfway down the hallway.
"Woah there! Whatcha up to?" Mabel said.
"Hey Mabel, I kinda got into a really bad situation with Wendy," I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "I, ah, kinda almost told her how I felt about her."
"OHMIGOD DIPPER YOU NEED TO TELL WENDY THAT YOU-" was all she could get out before I put my hand over her mouth.
"Shhhh! She'll hear, and I'm not ready to yet!" I said "Besides, she doesn't like me back. I just need her to forget there was ever anything I needed to tell her."
"Say no more, brother!" Mabel cried. "I'm on it! Hey Wendy! Come on, Soos is about to eat a dozen donuts in a minute!"
"Thanks Mabel, I'll just be in the attic!" I cried, running up stairs as the sound of Wendy coming up the stairs reached their ears. I heard Wendy yelling "No way, go Soos!!" and thought "I'm in love"