Chapter Seven: My Only Friend

The next day, I woke up, and didn't feel like moving. I just lay there, thinking. I looked over, and saw Mabel, still asleep. I started at the ceiling for about an hour, rolling over and pretending to be asleep when Mabel got up and walked downstairs.
Eventually, there was a knock on the door, and I heard Grunkle Stan saying something.
"Must be Wendy, Mabel, can you get the door?"
I jumped up out of bed, and ran to the door, when I froze, hearing Mabel speak.
"Pacifica, what are YOU doing here? The ghost hasn't come back, has it?" Mabel asked.
"I'm here to see Dipper. Where is he?"
"He's upstairs, but he's asleep, so you-" Mabel got cut off.
I walked over to my dresser and quickly got dressed, putting my vest on right as Pacifica barged in.
"Dipper, you know you can't hide up here," she demanded.
"I haven't bent hiding!" I said.
"I know you can't go a single day without looking through that book or exploring stupid mysteries, but you said you hadn't done EITHER of those yesterday, and we both know you weren't going to today. Look at the time! It's 11:30! Even my dad it up by now!"
"Okay, fine, I was going to. So what! I told you about Wendy!" I retorted, upset.
"So what? So what!? So that isn't good for you! You know you need to get out, and that's what we're going to do! Come on, we're going exploring!" Pacifica said.
"We? What we? Pacifica, I'm not going. Why do you care anyway?" I demanded. "Just go away! I don't need you! I don't want you!" I said, angry she was bossing me around thus. Maybe she hadn't changed. I turned by back, expecting all hell to break loose at my rudeness, but I didn't care. Instead of more yelling, I heard something quite unexpected. I heard crying. It started as a slight sniffling, but it increased, until she was hiccuping, sniffing loudly, and gently sobbing. I turned to see Pacifica, with tracks of tears running down her face.
"Why do I care? Because you're my first real friend. Sure, I've had 'friends,' but they're only my friend cause I'm rich, or I'm a Northwest. You were the first person to be friends with me because of who I am, even if I have treated you and your entire family like total crap. And I want you to be happy. That's why I care about what happens to you."
I sat on my bed, and patted the space besides me, and she sat, hiding her face in her hands.
"Hey, Pacifica, I'm sorry. I just wanted to stay up here cause I'd always explore with Wendy, and I felt like doing that without her would be like forgetting her, leaving her behind. And I'm not going to do that. But maybe I can do this with you too." I stood up, putting my journal in my pocket and holding out my hand to her. She took it, and I pulled her up. We left the Shack, me perusing the journal for a good place or creature to explore, and finally found one.
"Come on, let's go," I said, while Pacifica reapplied her makeup.
"Where to?" she asked, humming herself a little song.
"Oh, never you mind that. Just come on!" I say, grabbing her hand and running into the forest. We run through the forest, exploring, and eventually find what we were looking for. A powder than, when sprinkled on someone, makes them forget things. A pinch will make them forget about the length of a short conversation, but a handful, and you could make someone forget the whole day! Any more, and it could be dangerous. We get back to the a Shack as the sun sets.
"Oh, shoot. You should have been home hours ago. Sorry Pacifica," I say.
"That's okay, my butler will get me," she says, pulling out her phone. She calls her butler to tell him to come get her. After a few minutes, her butler comes, and she starts to get into the car.
"Hey Dipper. I had fun! We should do this again sometime!" She said.
"Yeah! We should!" I say, as she closes the door. She rolled down her window to say goodbye, and after calling one after her, I head into the house. As soon as she leaves, I Wendy shaped hole in my heart gains dominance. I go up to bed, saying goodnight to my family, and roll into bed. I say a good night to Mabel, and drift off to sleep.
I woke up at around 3 o'clock. I've been getting too much sleep lately, and I guess my body just doesn't need anymore. I try not to think about Wendy, but fail miserably. What can I do about it? I can't talk to Wendy if her dad catches me doing it! Then, I get hit with an idea like a truck. I roll out of bed, put my clothes and shoes on, and sneak out the door.

Author's Note: Hey guys, sorry if this seems like it's turned into a Dipcifica fan fiction. That may or may not come back up in the future, but this will turn back to Wendip very soon. Thanks for reading!