Chapter Ten: Rooftop Stars

That night, I once more slipped out of bed. I put on my shoes and started down the stairs when I heard a cough.  I turned around to see Mabel, holding Waddles. Both pig and owner were frowning at me.
"Where do you think your going," she asked. Waddles oinked.
"Look, Mabel, I'm getting out to see Wendy," I said. "Please don't tell Stan, I-" I faltered, swallowing hard. "I need to see her."
"Of course silly! I just wanted to make sure you weren't getting into any trouble or anything," Mabel said. "Can I help?"
"Nah, I'm fine." I said. "But thanks for offering!" I snuck downstairs, but saw Grunkle Stan sleep in the living room, and stirred as I stood in the doorway. I ran back upstairs to see Mabel tucking Waddles into bed.
"Hey Mabel, I actually can use your help. Do you know how I can get out the window without having to fall the whole way?" I asked.
"Of course!" she said, looking through her backpack. "Where is it... Ah HA! GRAPPLING HOOK!" she announced at the top of her lungs.
"Wha- Ford! Is that you!? No... Must be losing my marbles," Stan said, trailing off, seemingly falling asleep.
"Who's Ford?" I asked. Mabel shrugged. She handed me the grappling hook. I hooked it around the window sill, and slid out the window and to the ground.
"I'll be right here Dip!" she called as I ran away. I got to Wendy's house and threw rocks till she came out the window and offered her hand.
    "I wanna show you something, come on up!" she said. I clambered on top of a barrel, and jumped up, catching her hand and climbing up the rest of the way to the roof.
"Here, we have to get to the top," Wendy said, slinging me over her shoulder, fireman style. I laughed as we got to the top, and she set me down and kissed me.
"What was that for," I asked.
"Cause, I gotta do it when I can, shouldn't I?" she said. "Here, look at this," and she pointed at the stars to the North.
"What am I looking for?" Dipper asked. Just as he said it, a bright blue shooting star shot across just the area Wendy had been pointing at.
"Wow, cool!" Dipper wondered.
"Yeah, I thought you might like that," Wendy said, putting her arm around him. They sat there, relaxing. Dipper told Wendy what had happened with Pacifica.
"Wow Dipper. I'm proud of you. You handled that really responsibly!' Wendy told me.
"Thanks," I said, squeezing her hand. We sat and talked, just talking about nothing.
"You know going forward, dating is gonna be hard. Especially when I move back to California," I said.
"I know. But I wanna try," Wendy said. "I don't care that my dad doesn't like you, I don't care than you're moving back, and I don't care that you're younger. I just care that you're an adorable, amazing, and awesome dork."
"Thanks Wendy. I love you," I said.
"Love you too," I said. As we sat, the shooting stars started to come faster, one after another, varying in colours and sizes. We both stood up, and something wonderful happened. We started to dance. Not a formal dance, after all, we were on a roof, but dancing to a beat only we heard, just a little at first, but turning into something creative and great. There were problems in the future. Things had gotten stranger in Gravity Falls. Stan had been acting weirdly. But that was separate from that roof, at that time, and we ignored it, and stayed there with each other.

Author's Note: Thank you all for reading this, and coming on this adventure with me. This was my first Gravity Falls fan fiction, and you have all been amazing, so thanks.