Chapter Eight: Sneaky Lovers

I snuck past the last few bushes into a yard I had been in many times, parking my bike here when movie night came around. I found a small stone from the garden and threw it at a window. It bounced off, making a little "diff" noise. I threw another, then another. On the fourth stone a light turned on.
"Robbie, I told you-" Wendy said, opening her window, red faced and furious. Her face went blank when she saw it was me, then split into a huge grin. She threw on her plaid button-down and jumped out the window, landing like a cat. She then stood up about half way and kissed me. Fireworks went off in my brain, and I kissed her back. We stood like that for a minute straight, happy to be with each other again. We broke apart, and I grabbed her hand, leading her away from the house.
"Dipper, what are you doing here?" Wendy asked, grinning.
"I came for you. I couldn't stand being away from you," I said.
"Aw, Dipper, I love you." Wendy said, gripping my hand.
"What's new?" I ask, trying to make things like they were before we couldn't see each other.
"Well, I haven't really been productive these last few days. Haven't gotten much sleep. I've gotten really good at throwing darts!" She imitated throwing an invisible dart at a passing tree. "What about you. Nothing stops the great Dipper Pines from investigating the mysteries of Gravity Falls."
I told her the story of not leaving my room until Pacifica dragged me outside with her. She frowned at this, and picked up a pinecone. She threw it a tree, getting it in a natural hole created by nature. She did this three times, each time nailing the hole.
"What's wrong?" I ask, worried I had said something wrong.
"It's just. From your story, it sounds like Pacifica has a crush on you." she said, this time getting a pine cone in a bird's nest.
"What? There's no way ohmigod she does like me," I said, realizing at the same time why she was nicer to me, and why she wanted to get me out of the house and be my friend.
"Just remember. You and I are still dating. I'm sure I can get my dad to get it through his thick skull that it wasn't your fault." Wendy asked me, squeezing my hand and looking me dead in the eye.
"Of course! Wendy, I've had a crush on you all summer. I'm not going to give away our relationship for Pacifica Northwest, no matter how much nicer she is," I say, squeezing her hand right back. "How should I deal with it? Should I confront her about it? Should I pretend I don't know?"
"Dipper, you overthink everything!" Wendy says, laughing. She looks down at me, grinning. "Just do what I do. Play it cool."
"Kay! Well it's getting late, and I don't want to get you back late ever again. I'll walk you back," I say, starting back.
"Well aren't you just a gentleman," Wendy said sarcastically. She follows, and we enjoy the last few minutes of each other's company. We got back to her house, and she clambered into her window.
"Meet me tomorrow?" she asked.
"Sure! I'll throw more rocks at your window," I grinned.
I ran back down the driveway and street leading out of her house. I then continued to run until I got to the shack. I sneaked through the house and back into bed, where I collapsed into place and instantly fell asleep.