Chapter Six: All Alone?

"Hey buddy, I heard about Wendy," Grunkle Stan said from the doorway. He came farther into the room, sitting on the foot of my bed.
"Yeah," I said, sniffling
"Hey, hey, don't worry. I mean, I'm sure, once Wendy explains what happened, then I'll bet he'll let you be with her again! Just promise me, no more falling asleep on dates again. That scared me and your sister good," Grunkle Stan said, patting my back. I looked up from my pillow and checked the clock on the bedside table. It read 3:30 P.M.
"Thanks Grunkle Stan, I promise," I said.
"Good. Now you get up, and we can get you something to eat," Stan said, smiling.
"No, thanks, I'm not hungry," I said, which wasn't true, but I wasn't ready to face Mabel and Soos right now.
"Alright, just come down when you're ready." He shut the door, and I heard his footsteps retreating back down the steps. I rolled over and tried to grab the journal, but only succeeded in knocking my phone off the table. I picked it up, and checked my homescreen. I saw I had 6 texts from a number I didn't recognize. The first text identified the number as Pacifica.
Pacifica: Hey Dipper!
Pacifica:I got the number right, didn't I?
Pacifica: How's it going?
Pacifica: Wanna hang out tomorrow?
Pacifica: Is something wrong?
Pacifica: Dipper?
I quickly created a new contact for Pacifica's number, and texted her back. I told her the whole story of what happened after I left her house. It felt good to just tell someone, even if that someone had been my enemy until about a week ago. She soon texted back, and we talked about Wendy, and I told her how I felt, how I had always loved her and about other things too. Things to keep my mind OFF her. She said she felt badly for me, and for any trouble her interference might have caused. I told her that she didn't do anything, and we talked for a while longer. Eventually, my eyelids started to droop, and I looked over at the clock. It read 10:00. Had I really been talking to Pacifica Northwest for over 7 hours? Really? Wow, she really had changed. I said goodnight to her, and rolled over in bed. As soon as the buzzes from my phone stopped, telling me Pacifica was saying something, the crushing loneliness, sadness, and guilt crashed over me like a wave of horrible feeling brought back from this afternoon. Swallowing hard, I closed my eyes and went to bed.

Author's Note: Hey, sorry for the short chapter. Also, I don't think I'll be coming out with a new chapter until at least the end of the week, seeing as I have exams. Sorry, hope you enjoy the chapter!