Chapter Five: The New Pacifica

I woke up, to see the stars overhead. I jumped, and realized it was night. I pulled out my phone to check the time,and saw I had 5 texts from Mabel and 3 missed calls from Stan. The time read 2:47. I shook Wendy awake, slightly panicked.
"Wh, w, whassup?" she asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Woah, what time is it?
"Quarter till 3," I said.
"Wow. Late," she intoned. "I don't think we should go all the back to the shack, but I don't know where my house is from here," she said. "What about that house up there?" she asked.
"Uh, I don't think that's the best idea, see, that's Northwest Mansion," I said, rubbing the back of my neck.
"Ah, you and Pacifica are kinda friends, right? Besides, her parents don't need to know, we can just crash there for the night, then hop out at sunrise and find our respective ways home!"
"But, I mean, I guess," I stammered. "Oh, alright, fine. Just for you," I said, grabbing her hand.
"That's my Dipper," she said, kissing my cheek. We headed up the hill to the Northwest Mansion. We got to the 7' brick wall enclosing the mansion to the rest of the world, and tried the gate. It was locked.
"Oh great, NOW how are we supposed to get over this wall?" I asked.
"Dude, remember who you're talking to?" Wendy laughed. She grabbed me by the waste, and jumped, throwing me up the wall. I caught the top, and pulled myself up. I then helped Wendy up, and we both jumped off together. We hit the ground, and walked around the house to the only lit window in the house.
"Stay right here," I told Wendy, as I jumped up in the tree near the window. I climbed up to the limb closest to the window, and saw Pacifica in her room, singing along to her favourite songs, I threw a twig at her window just as Wendy joined me in the tree. She started at the sight of us in the tree.
"Dipper! Hey! So um, what are you doing in my window at 3 o'clock in the morning?" she asked, confused, but getting over it fast, and replacing her frown of confusion with a smile.
"Hey Pacifica, we just fell asleep on our date and don't know how to get back into town, can we crash here for the night? Your parents don't need to know, we'll be out of here before you know it."
"Pft, sure, come in! You can stay for breakfast! My parents will hate it, but I don't really care anymore, so yeah, sure, go crazy! But, does she have to come in? I mean, I don't care about the rest of the house... But I LIKE my carpet, and her boots are kinda... dirty," she finished with a scrunched nose.
"Pacifica, please?" I asked.
"I can take my boots off I guess," Wendy said, slipping her boots off.
"Thanks," Pacifica and I said at the same time. If I had only looked over, I would have seen her blush, then turn away, but I had turned to Wendy and kissed her cheek. We hopped into her room, and she pulled a few blankets out of her closet.
"Hey Wendy, you can have my bed, I'll just sleep on the floor." Pacifica said, acting oddly nice to someone she had just been dissing a minute ago.
"Um, thanks Pacifica. Hey Dipper, come on!" Wendy said, sliding onto the bed without even pulling back the covers. I slid up next to her, and we cuddled as we fell asleep.
The next day, we woke up to hear Pacifica and her parents arguing outside of her room.
"What did you want me to say Dad, just leave them out all night? I'm not going to do that! I'm not going to be you!" she looked over to see me with my eyes wide at how bold Pacifica was. I'm sure I couldn't do if I were in her situation.
"Hey Dipper, sorry, I probably woke you up, didn't I? Well let's go have some breakfast!" she said.
"Okay, I'm just going to leave Wendy a short note, do you have a pen and paper? Never mind, you wouldn't," I said, looking around the room.
"Actually," she said, pulling out a folded piece of notebook paper and a glossy pen from her pocket. "I always have something common in my pocket nowadays, after my parents told me it 'wasn't the Northwest Way,' whatever that means."
"Oh, thanks Pacifica!" I said, writing a quick message for my girlfriend. I laid it on the bed, then went downstairs with Pacifica, chatting about things I didn't think she'd know about, mostly some interesting supernatural things I like to talk about with Mabel and Wendy. We had a quick breakfast of toast and poached eggs, when Wendy came down.
"Hey dufus, how's it going?" she asked sleepily kissing me good morning.
"Hey Wendy, pretty good. How'd you sleep?" I asked.
"Great! Pacifica, you have a really comfortable bed. What time is it anyway?" she asked.
"Like, what, 7:30?" I said "Probably about time to head out. Anyway, I'll see you later Pacifica! Thanks again for letting us stay here!" I said.
"Hold on, what's your phone number? I didn't get the chance to ask you after the party!" she asked. I gave her my phone number, then Wendy and I headed out, waving goodbye.
"Well she was definitely nicer than the last time I saw her," Wendy said as we walked to her house.
"Yeah, I think her parents had a pretty tight hold on her. It's good she's becoming her own person. Maybe she can explore her own interests, get nicer to everyone, maybe even see a boy," I said, happy she was getting out of her comfort zone. Wendy and I chatted a little more, but mostly just enjoyed each other's company.
"So my dad is gonna be pretty pissed..." Wendy said sheepishly.
"Yeah, Grunkle Stan will too," I said. We got to her house, just in time to see her dad storm out of the house, red faced and furious.
"WENDY CORDUROY, YOU GET IN THIS HOUSE THIS INSTANT!" he yelled.
"Dad, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I just fell asleep when Dipper and I were-"
"AND YOU" He shouted, turning to me. "I DON'T EVEN WANT TO SEE YOU NEAR MY HOUSE OR MY DAUGHTER EVER AGAIN!"
"But Dad! It wasn't his fault!" Wendy yelled.
"No excuses! In the house" he yelled. "Why are you still here! I told you! GO!"
I ran away as fast as my small legs would carry me, as I felt tears sting my eyes. I told myself that it was a dream, that this couldn't be happening, that everything would be better tomorrow. I ran straight to the Mystery Shack, burst through the door, and, ignoring Grunkle Stan's cries and yells, ran up to the attic, buried my head in my pillow, and cried