New Boys (I)

Hey everyone! I'm Amber and this is my first book that I wrote quite a while ago when I was 12 lol it's about One Direction yay and I hope you like it!

Reece's P.O.V:

''There are two new boys coming into school today,'' says my best friend, Jolie. I look at her and reply, ''Really? Cool. Have you seen them?''

''Nope, but I think their first class is with you in French.'' she says, excitedely, smiling.

''Cool.'' I repeat, not really paying attention. I don't care about boys or about much at the moment. I have better things to worry about. I've not been interested in much lately.

I pull my school bag over my shoulder further and walk to my French classroom. I sit down in my normal seat, next to no one. It's not that people don't want to sit down next to me, it's just that they've got other, closer friends. And anyway, I like my own personal space.

A few minutes later, everyone comes walking in and sits down, ready for class. I open my books and go over what we'd done the day before. The teacher's supposed to be quizzing us today. I look up as the door opens for the last time. The teacher enters with two very good-looking boys that seem faintly familiar.

''Class. Today we have two new students.'' the teacher puts his hands on the boys' shoulders. The first one has curly brown hair and bright green eyes. He's pretty tall and slim but fit and very good-looking.

The second one is even more gorgeous. He's tall and fit, like the first one, but he's got chocolate coloured eyes and black hair, short on the sides and long on the top.

''This is Harry.'' he says, patting the one with the curly hair on the shoulder.

''And this is Zayn,'' he pat's the other one. ''Sit down boys. There are two free seats.'' the teacher, Mr Robinson, says going over to his own seat. They walk along and I wonder who will sit down next to me.

I look behind me. There's a seat free next to one of the cutest boys in the school. Will Harry or Zayn sit there? I see Zayn come towards me.

He sits down, setting his black bag on the floor and says ''Hi'' with a very sweet accent.

''Hey. I'm Reece.'' I mumble, looking down at my French book. The two new boys jerk my memory.

''Cool name.''

''Thanks.'' I finally look up to smile at him and I see he's smiling at me, his eyes crinkling. Oh my god. He's gorgeous.

''Right class. I'm going to quiz you today. Harry, Zayn, I'm not going to quiz you, becuase you haven't been here.''

''Okay.'' they agree. Mr Robinson starts quizzing us. I look at Zayn, then I look behind me. Harry's laughing and smiling with Ray, the boy he's sitting next to.

''Looks like they're having a good time.'' says Zayn looking at them too. I look at him, hurt. He turns back to look at me.

''I'll change seats with someone if you like.'' I say to him, coldly, biting my bottom lip.

''No! I didn't mean that you aren't good company. I don't want you to swap seats with anyone.''

''Okay, whatever.'' I say, shrugging.

What's wrong with me? I'm not normally this rude. I glance up to see him looking at me.

''Sorry, if you took it that way.''

''It's okay. I'm sorry too. I'm not normally this rude.'' I look down at my book, feeling awkward.

''That's okay. You're next to be quizzed. Are you any good at French?''

''I'm alright.'' I reply, just as Mr Robinson asks me how to ask the price of the book he's holding in French.

''C'est combien, le livre?'' I ask him. Then I reply to myself in French, ''C'est dix euros.''

''You're very good at French.'' says Zayn, nudging me, as Mr Robinson moves on.

''Thanks. I got it from my mum. She was half french.'' I explain, tensing my jaw.

''Huh. That's pretty cool.'' he looks genuinley interested.

''It's a shame I'm not very good at Maths and other subjects.''

''I'm the opposite. I'm good at other subjects, but I'm useless at French. My mum was going to get me a French tutor. How embarrasing would that be?'' he says grinning. I laugh.

''Very embarrasing.'' I nod. ''So why did you come here?'' I ask him.

His face suddenly clouds over.

''I don't mean to intrude or anything, I just wondered.'' I say hastily.

''No, it's okay. My dad died two months ago. And mum wanted to move. And one of my best friends wanted to live with us for a few months, so Harry came with us.''

''Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. My mum passed away two months ago too.'' I say, quietly.

''Really?''

''Yeah. I miss her so much.'' I say, surprised at myself. I don't even tell Jolie stuff like this, and I'm telling a boy I hardly know. But on the other hand, I feel as if we know each other already, like we've known each other for years.

''Reece, can you stop talking to Zayn, please?'' Mr Robinson says to me, frowning slightly.

''It's me too, sir,'' Zayn says. Mr Robinson blinks at being called sir but turns his attention to the rest of his class.

''I miss my dad too. What's your next class?''

''Erm, I think it's Geography.''

''Cool! Thats mine too!'' he says sounding excited.

''Okay, I'll show you the way if you like.''

''Yes, please. I might get lost in this school. My other one was much smaller.'' he explains.

The class goes by much quicker that it has ever gone before and soon enough the bell goes and Harry's stood by our desk.

''Hey Zayn.'' he grins, his curly hair falling across his eyes which sparkle.

''Hi Harry. This is Reece.''

''Hi Reece.'' he looks at me intently. Man, he's got nice eyes.

''Hey Harry.'' I return his smile, staring into his gorgeous eyes.

''My next class is Maths. What's yours, Zayn?''

''Geography. Reece is going to show me the way.'' Zayn pulls his bag onto his shoulder and stands up, following me out into the hallway.

''Oh, right. Well, I'll find my own way then.' he's about to walk away quickly when I stop him.

''The Maths class is near the Geography classroom, so you can walk with us and I'll show you the way.'' I offer, holding his arm. I'm not much of a contact person so I surprise myself.

''Okay.'' he smiles, patting my hand.

''Right, lets go if we don't want to be late.''

''Okay.'' they say and start walking with me, Zayn on my left and Harry on my right.

As I point out the Maths classroom to Harry, I hear my name being screeched by a very familiar voice. ''Reece!''

There's more to come in this chapter, I'll upload tomorrow :D

Picture on the side is Reece, drawn by the amazing xTifftastic. <3