Bunking off

Reece's P.O.V:

I woke up with a banging headache. I sat up and put my hand on my head. Last night comes flowing back. The boy who punched me, Zayn carrying me to the sofa, carrying me to the hospital, carrying me into my room, me sitting on his lap.

I look over to Abi, who's leaning off my bed, about to fall off. I reach over and pull her closer to me. I get up and walk to my bathroom. I look at myself and gasp. I have a massive bruise on my face. And I have the bandage around my head too. I go back to my room and look at the time. Ugh, nearly time for school. I get changed and gently brush my hair, trying not to tug too much.

I sit down, wondering if I could possibly bunk off school. I sigh and think that my Dad wouldn't like me to. I mean, I'm fine I've just got a headache that's all. I hear a knocking sound and look up to my window. I go over and open it. I look out. I can't see anything. I turn back to my bed when I hear someone heave themselves through the window. I turn around and there's Zayn, standing by the window, with jeans and a black top and a black jacket.

'Hey' he says.

'Hi' I reply.

'Sorry. I didn't want to wake anyone up by ringing the doorbell.'

'Right' I say, sitting back down on my bed.

'How ya doin'?' he asks me, coming over to me.

'I'm fine' I say, shrugging it off.

'Yeah, 'course you are. You're not telling me the truth' he replies.

'How do you know?'

'Because I know you Reece. You hide your feelings, so others don't have to worry' he says. I blink. He does know me. Okay.

'Well, if you could go downstairs or something. I've gotta get ready for school' I say.

'You're goin' to school?' he asks me, incredulously.

'Er, yeah. Why?'

'Because I thought you'd bunk off' he answers me.

'Well, I'm not so...'

'Aaw, c'mon. Let's bunk off' he tries to persuade me.

'No! My dad won't like it!' I whisper, fiercely. I walk out of my room and start to go down the stairs.

'He won't have to know!' he comes up behind me.

'Well, of course he's gotta know! What do you think he is? An idiot?' I turn around and whisper at him. God, my head.

'No, he's not an idiot. Not like his stubborn daughter that is' he says, smiling.

'Hey! If you've come to insult or annoy me this morning, then you can leave. And believe me, you've done a great job. If not, then you can stay.' I say, looking at him coldly.

'Aw, no. I haven't come to insult you, you know that'

'Do I?' I ask him, turning back round. I go down another step and then I feel his arms come around my waist and him whisper 'Sorry' in my ear. I felt a tingle go up my spine at his touch and his breathe.

'Look, I'm going to school, whether you like it or not'

'Well, I don't like it, so if I've gotta carry you out and tie you to a chair or something then I'll do it' he says, and with that he lifts me up by my waist and carries me down the rest of the stairs and walks to the kitchen.

He sits me down and he gets me a cup of Orange juice. I gulp it down and I stand up. He comes towards me, a cheeky grin on his face.

'No Zayn. You are not carrying me anywhere. Not again. Zayn!' I screech his name, as he comes running after me. I run out to the garden and then back inside and up to my bedroom. I shut the door and see Abi's sitting up on my bed.