Chapter 16.

Xander's POV.

"Alright all that emotional shit is cool but listen, if you wanted to contact me....why didn't you? I sent you fucking letters and everything so don't try that bullshit." I ask Gatts with the utmost confusion. For 10 minutes he's been spilling all this bullshit about how he's felt so bad about not being there and he wishes things were different.......but why the fuck haven't you made an attempt at trying to patch things up?

"Letters? Alexander your mother told me that you didn't want to speak to me! I was the one who wrote but nothing was ever satisfied with a reply. I gave up the year before I started working at Martinelli's which is also the year before you came. I kept giving you a hard time and bringing out the worst in you so I could be close with you son.."

Out of complete awe, all I can do is look at Gatts. I mean I didn't think my mother would ever lie to me but......damn it sure does hurt to know that she did. Allegedly.

"Now can you please just put this all past me and give me a good old father and son conversation?" He asks and I look at him crazily.

"Man, you may have tried to get in touch with me but you've treated me like shit these past few years. I mean yeah I'm a troublemaker but SHIT. You fucking go ten thousand times harder on me!" I shout and begin to clench my jaw.

"Because you think I want you to be this way? I don't want my son acting like a fucking hoodlum! I couldn't care less about if those other fucking kids make progress." He gets up and pulls his seat close to me. "I want my son to be better than I ever was. Okay? Now that I've answered everything can we have a father and son conversation?"

"And don't bring your ass back up here either!" I say throwing a roll of quarters at the head of the annoying customer as they scurry away

"And don't bring your ass back up here either!" I say throwing a roll of quarters at the head of the annoying customer as they scurry away. This same customer always come up here with no fucking money and pockets candy that he doesn't pay for. That shit gets me and Xander in trouble at the end of the week when we have to do inventory 🙄.

"That just makes me so fucking mad." I say out loud to myself unloading the boxes of chips and restocking the shelves, organizing them from most to least popular.

"My mice friends hate me and the kids here just don't give a fuck." I continue to talk to myself as I put away the chips.

"THESE PEOPLE AND ANIMALS NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME!" I shove the last of the chips into their rightful places as I scream.