Yes No Maybe So

Chapter 6

Should I?

Was the question Samantha kept asking herself. Should she go to her brothers wedding? Should she go to Edward's wedding? Should she go to one of theirs or both of them? Should she go to one and not attended the other? Should she just send them both a letter and not go to any of them?

Or should she just stay home and eat while watching Netflix?

In just a week was Edwards wedding. In just a month was her brothers wedding. In just two days, she would get a mail saying if she got into the college she wanted or not. In just one day, she was going to start going insane. All these invitations to weddings, college approval were driving the teenager to her insanity.

A knock broke the hybrid from her thoughts. Placing the mug, that was filled with coffee, down, Samantha turned around making the wheel chair, she was sitting on, follow her movements. Jennifer stood at her bedroom door, her right side leaning against its frame as her arms were crossed and pressed against her chest. "Dylan wanted me to let you know that dinner will be ready in ten but as I'm looking at you, you look like you're not in the mood for food."

Samantha gave her friend a look saying,  really,"Are you on something? How could anyone turn down food? It's food."

Jennifer sent her a smile,"I knew the old Sammy was still in there."

Without saying a word, Samantha turned her attention back to her computer that had nothing but pictures on Pinterest that needed to be looked at. Jennifer placed her hand on the side of the desk and hovered over Samantha's back as she inspected the small screen. "What cha' looking at?"

"Stuff," Samantha answered simply.

"What kind of stuff?" Jennifer questioned. The hybrids friend could already tell that she was annoying the girl but she needed to break her shell. She wanted the old smiling, happy Samantha back. Not this sad, confused, agitated one. She just wanted her best friend back.

Jennifer knew that on the fifth month mark that they have been in Seattle, she should of sent Samantha back to La Push but seeing the state she was in back then made her rethink her decision. She knew the hybrid needed time to heal from the break up. It wasn't just like a normal break up with some guy. The teenager had broken up with her imprint. The person she was destined to be with. Of course, Jennifer didn't know what that was like but just by seeing Samantha, made her not want to find out what it felt like.

"I'm not going to say I know how you feel because I don't but what I am going to say is that I'm here for you. I'm here for you whenever you need a shoulder to cry on or if you need to release some anger out. I'll take you to Frankie who would be happy to be your personal punching bag." Jennifer saw the corners of Samantha's lips curl up meaning that she was actually getting somewhere with this awful speech of hers. "I'm saying this not because it needs to happen but because I'm your friend that cares for your health. Sammy, it's time to move on from him. I know you don't want to but this," she gestured to the hybrids ill-like figure,"it's not healthy for you."

"I know," Samantha played with her fingers that sat on her lap. "But I-I just can't. I can't move on from him because-" the hybrid had to stop herself as she felt the familiar tears well up in her eyes. "I still care about him. I still think about him. I still remember all the memories me and him made with each other."

"I still love him," she mumbled.

"I'm not saying to forget about him completely. I know you've known him for awhile but you have to think about it. What if he has already moved on? What if he doesn't feel the same way you still feel about him? I know you don't want to think about those things but you gotta Sammy. Do what's best for you." At that, Jennifer stood up straight and began to walk out of the room, waiting for Samantha to stop her but, she didn't.

She's right, Sia spoke, startling Samantha.

That's funny coming from someone who is attach to Jacob's wolf more then I am attach to him, Samantha retorted.

Exactly my point. I'm more attached to him then you are but yet here I am telling you what Jennifer said is the right thing to do. As much as it annoys me to say this but I think it's best if you move on. If we move on from him. It may sting like a bitch but will get through this and in order to do that, we need to do it together, Sia explained.

What if I can't do it? What if it's too hard for me? What if - Samantha asked but was interrupted by Sia's thoughts.

If Sammy. If. I don't know what else to tell you. I'm no doctor Phil or some therapist, Sia said.

"I wish my mom was here. She'd know what to tell me," Samantha mumbled as her eyes flickered to her nightstand, where a picture of her and her parents smiling, was seen.

She's still with you Sammy. They both are. They may not be there with you in person but there still with you in that warm but somehow yet cold heart of yours, Sia said softly.

After the words escaped Sia, Samantha decided to tune her out. She needed to be left alone. She needed some time to herself to organize all the chaotic thoughts that we're going on in her head. She needed to figure out what she was going to do with the two weddings she was invited to. To see what other college she would apply to if she didn't get into the one she picked first. To think of what the hell she was going to do with this whole moving on from Jacob situation.

She needed lots and lots of time to think all this stuff through.

***

Short & a filler chapter but I hope you all liked it!

Sorry that it took awhile for me to update /: I'm trying to get my other books going. Again, another sorry for the awful ending of this chapter as well. I may not edit this chapter only because I'm a bit to tired to due so lol Maybe when I'm not lazy then I might go back to this and edit it! Feel free to drop down your thoughts about this chapter in the comments! Next chapter will be much much better and will be a lot more linger then this!!

Vote | Comment | Follow
Skylar