2nd Best

I'm in the mood for sadness

Sadness: Thank you for noticing me, senpai

~

Author's Point of View

It was a very coincidental accident. Or atleast you say so. You 'accidentally' fell for Chiba, if that's what your mind interpret. But for your heart, it was not an accident. It was the best feeling in the world.

Love is.

But you were only second best. You eavesdropped on the boys' conversation, which you very much doubted.

"Chiba! Who do you like? Hayami or (Y/N)?" Okajima asked, and you leaned in a little bit more.

"Hayami, but if she doesn't like me back, I'll choose (Y/N)." You stood up from your spot, and went back to where the faculty is. You just needed a reason. A reason to leave this school for today.

You just got here but the boys were the only people in the classroom, and you didn't want to be either teased or harassed. You knocked on the door, and opened it, revealing Koro-sensei doing some quizzes or whatever it is related to education.

"Koro-sensei...? Can I go home? I-I have been dizzy." You said, and he nodded.

"Hai. Get well soon, (Y/N)-chan." He said, looking at you. You nodded and shut the door close, finally letting the tears fall. You headed back to the classroom, and quietly got your things without the boys noticing. You got home immediately, and got yourself a lot of food, and tried to eat your sadness away.

*timeskip*

"Hai! It's been one week that (Y/N)-chan, has been absent, can somebody please call her?" Koro-sensei announced, and Kanzaki raised her hand.

"I could try." She said.

"Please do so, Kanzaki-san." Kanzaki grabbed her phone and dialed your number. You were playing your favorite first-person shooter RPG game, and when your phone rang, you picked it up, expecting it to be your mom.

"(Y/N)-chan! Where are you?" Kanzaki's voice was a relief to your ears.

"In my room, crying. Playing some games. Why so?" You asked.

"Why are you crying?"

"No particular reason." You lied.

"We're going to your house." Kanzaki hung up and your eyes widened, and immediately scrambled out of the blankets, and tried to make the obvious not obvious.

But you forgot to wipe your tears.

The door opened and the class came in, worried. You hid under your blankets, hoping not to be noticed at all.

"(Y/N)--" Kanzaki cut off Sugino.

"She's upstairs." Kanzaki said, and they all went upstairs, and barged in your room. You pretended to be asleep, which worked quiet well. But Chiba stayed. He sat on the edge of your bed, and you can feel the awkwardness. You sat up, letting covers reveal your bloodshot eyes, tear-stained face, and messy hair.

"(Y/N)-san?" He looked at you as you fix your hair.

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping on the boys' conversation. I'm sorry for making you all worry. I was just to consumed that thinking I was second best."

"It's fine, and who called you that?"

"You."

"Huh?"

"I'll repeat it. You said it."

"Wait what?" Chiba stood up.

"If Hayami didn't like you back, I'm your second option. I'm not an option, Chiba. And don't make me feel like it." ((AHEM AHEM *coughs* *turns away* whydidihavetoquotetheirbiointwitter)) You said.

"I know you're not an option."

"But don't make me feel like it." You said, standing up.

"I got it. But why do you have to crawl in your house and do nothing but wasting time? You could've spent the time making efforts to be even closer to me." Chiba said.

"That's what you think I am? A little weak girl chasing after you? I'm not like that Chiba!" You raised your voice.

"Well then stop making us worry! You're being a drama queen!" Chiba raised your voice at you, and your eyes widened.

"Get out."

"What?"

"I said get out. You're not even worthy of my time."

"Gladly."

~

It's been three years, and since the Chiba tragedy and the death of Koro-sensei (SPOILER), you've changed a lot. You're now in your senior year of high school in your architectural school, and rocketing your grades to the fullest.

"What class are you?" (Friend/name) asked, while putting her shoes and coat in her locker, and replacing her loafers with school shoes.

"Class A."

"Of course, you're in Class A. Lucky! I'm in the same class too!" You grinned and opened your locker, and did the same thing as always; put coat and loafers, replace shoes. Both of you went to your classroom, and sat down according to seat plan. (Friend/name) was infront of you, and that was enough. But there was this weird hot guy next to you who silently listened to music as he reads a book.

"Oi, oi! Do you have a french curve for today...?" (F/N [Friend/Name]) asked, while turning her body to you.

"Ah, no. It was needed for tomorrow, not today." You smiled.

"(Y/N)-chan, if you were a boy, you've probably have been famous. I mean, you're an ikemen! But a girl. Get it? Same characteristics as an ikemen!" (F/N) said.

"Yeah, I got it." You grinned.

"Neh, Mr. Classmate." (F/N) poked the guy next to you.

"Hm?" His intense red brown eyes looked at your friend, and she smiled.

"I'm (F/N) (F/LN). This is my friend, (Y/N)." You smiled too.

"Konnichiwa."

"Mhm. Konnichiwa. I'm Chiba Ryūnosuke." You fell down on your seat immediately, because you didn't expect Chiba to be your seatmate for the whole year.

"Ryu?"

"Oh, (Y/N)-chan. How are you?"

"I'm fine." You stood up and brushed off your clothes.

"It's been a while, neh?"

"I agree."

~

"Can I head home with you for today?" Chiba asked you as you open your locker. You nodded and three-- no, four letters was inside.

"Oh. Letters."

"That's new. Do you ever respond?"

"Yeah, sometim--"

"Don't reply, you're mine."

"When did we get together?"

...CHIBA...

"I'm asking you later, so yeah."

"Ask it now."

"My beloved tsundere, otaku, and maso--"

"I'm not a masochist!"

"--crush... Will you do the honors of being my girlfriend?"

"Of course, I've been waiting for seven years."

~

THIS IS GOOD ENOUGH

YOSH