H a r l e y - D a v i d s o n

Dear Ian,

Ethan asked me out on a date but I turned him down. I told him about you, he seemed to understand and said he admired what I was doing. I invited him in my studio and he told me that he also left Seattle for the same reason I left Brooklyn. His adopted parents were killed when he was a senior in high school and rumors went around haunting him for it. The gossip was ridiculous, they even accused him of killing his own parents. I can't believe how kids could be so cruel, didn't they know that he was hurting already?

He said he rode his motorcycle for days. He said he was about to give up looking for a place. Biker gangs didn't want him in their town, no landlords wanted emancipated homeless teenagers to live in their home, and he was given death threats from angry fathers who claimed he broke their daughters hearts and their virginity. He said he's stuck here in this one horsed town and I couldn't help but notice that everyone who lives here is stuck. Is this town a prison? Is there a forcefield that prevents anyone from leaving?

I don't think our reasons for being here are similar at all. I'm just here because of my self loathing, that's all. Ethan made me show him a picture of you and he said that you have a funny face but he likes that because you still look pretty cool.

With Love,
A Laughing Dawn x :)