L o v e L e t t e r s

Dear Funny Face,

Ethan let me ride his motorcycle, but I don't think he'll ever let me ride it again because I almost crashed it. Riding the bike made my veins pump with adrenaline, it was the coolest thing I've ever done. I feel like such a badass even though I only lasted twenty seconds before I fell off and scraped my knee. I wish you could see me now, the heart broken girl you've known before would never do such thing. I didn't even cry when I fell. I shouldn't give myself much credit though, considering that I write these notes but never send them to you like the wuss I am.

Ethan had a Shirley Temple thrown on him by his date, who stormed out a few minutes ago. He doesn't want to talk about it, nor does he want to talk at all. I'm starting to worry because he looks hurt.

'What are you writing in that little notebook of yours?' Henry asked. He wasn't drunk today, which was a good thing. I couldn't watch them both at the same time like they're two little upset children.

'Just letters to an old friend.' I wasn't going to tell him my whole story. I was just too embarrassed to say that I don't send them.

'You can't just talk on the telephone?' He questioned, giving me an odd look.

'Writing helps me with my thoughts. Good or bad. When you speak, you can never take something back, but when you write, you can erase your mistakes.' And I wish we did have an eraser for talking because I'd take back every mean thing I said to you.

Sincerely,
Dawn