T o g e t h e r

"I-Ian?"

"Oh my God, Dawn! It's you. Why are you crying? What's the matter?"

"No reason. W-What are you doing here?"

"I came to Tennessee to look for you but I couldn't find you. You were gone. I-I thought you were running away from me and..."

"Running away from you? Ian, I was trying to run back to you!"

"Y-You're not lying?"

"Why would I lie about that?! I... I missed you."

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear your voice. I can't believe its you! You look so... Different."

"Yeah, well... Sorry. Some people can't always stay the same..."

"You're beautiful." 

"What?" 

"Do you remember that night at my diner, when you cried your eyes out over Daniel?" 

"Please don't remind me. I was so stupid back then..."

"Do you remember when you nearly ate two whole pies so angrily you almost choked? I never thought a woman can eat that much; but to my amazement, you did."

"Ian..."

"That was the night I realized I was in love with you." 

"You don't have to say something you don't mean just because—"

"Shut it. I have been through hell just to have this moment and I don't want anyone ruining it. I am in love with you, Dawn. I know nothing about you, hell, I don't even know your last name; but none of that matters. You're that annoying song on the radio that I can't seem to get out of my head and—"

"I am not annoying!"

"Damn it! I love you, Dawn. Okay? You interrupt me all the time but expect me to talk about myself, you have bad coffee breath sometimes but I just want to kiss you." 

"Then kiss me."

"I will, but you're never leaving my sight, you know that, right?" 

"Yeah... I sorta figured that out."

"Then let's go home."

"Where is home?"

"It could be anywhere in the world." 

"What about your coffee shop?"

"Why there?"

"I sorta liked it there..."

"Only because you weren't in the back doing dishes." 

"Home is where the coffee and pie is." 

"Fine. Let's go, I guess."

"Yay!" 

"You know, you could have said something exotic. Like France or Italy, something cool. I mean, we already made it this far." 

"I think coffee shops are cool, especially the ones with cute baristas."

"Oh ha-ha. I'm still angry at you." 

"I love you, Ian." 

"Sadly, I love you t— OUCH! I was only kidding. Jeez! Did they offer you boxing classes while you were here?!"

"Shut up. Where's my kiss?!"

"Oh, come here little bean."