I I I S a r r o w s I I I

Dear Ian,

Have you ever cried because you didn't cry? Henry pulled out the gun on Cheryl and I froze in my spot. My boss was trying to tell Henry to snap out of it, that this wasn't him, but I think that he was deafend with every emotion that he was feeling.

'Go ahead, shoot me. Do it, Henry. I want to see you do it.' Cheryl spread her arms as if she were making herself an easier target for him to shoot. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. I glanced at my boss who stared at the both of them with beady eyes. The diners quieted their conversations and every pairs of eyes were set on the both of them.

'All I ever wanted was for you to love me.' Henry shuttered through the tears that fell from his eyes, his shaky hands holding the gun.

'Well I don't. I will never love you! Not if I walk through these doors, not if you shoot me on sight. You can't make any difference. So just shoot me, you've managed to trap me here and make my life a living hell, why don't you end it while you're at it? I don't care anymore." Henry stayed silent, his grip was lose on the gun. 'JUST SHOOT ME!' Her scream made everyone flinch, including me. He put the gun down and cried in his hands. She scoffed, staring at him pitifully. 'You can't do anything right, can you?'

Henry was confirmed dead on sight at two forty in the morning due to drunk driving. They said that his car lost control and he swerved off of the bridge. For some reason, I didn't believe that. I wanted to cry because I'd no longer see his smiling face every day telling me to never give up. He was the first person to befriend me and now he's gone. I wanted to cry because he left the pen I gave him on the stool, I wanted to scream and cry about the cops joking about him because he was a sheriff who died from drunk driving, but I didn't, which made me bawl my eyes out when I got home.

Dawn