Chapter Twenty Nine

" A support group, Professor?" Clara repeated in bewilderment as she sat in the Headmistress's office after McGonagall had finally summoned her to come talking about the event that occurred in the girl's lavatory.

"Yes, Miss Easton." McGonagall said from where she sat behind her desk. "It's come to my attention that while the war is over, there are many still fighting their personal battles internally, Mr. Malfoy being one of them as you well know."

"And myself." Clara admitted to the woman. 

"Yes, that has been brought to light as well. However, rather than you two solely relying on yourselves to seek comfort, I would think it would be better for there to be a group of students as well as professors. Not everyone has recovered from the war and I believe some students are trying to hide their emotions and problems at the risk of being viewed weak."

Clara nodded her head in agreement.

"I think it's a great idea, Professor, really I do. But I'm not sure how many people would join it..."

"Perhaps they won't join it right away." McGonagall said. "But they will, once they learn there is a place and people where they can find support whenever needed they will come. In the meantime, I understand you and Mr. Malfoy have developed your own support system and normally confide in each other, but to reduce the chances of the last night's events ever occurring again, I'd like you two to find others to confide in to reduce your stress."

"But..." Clara pressed her lips together. "Most students can't even bear to look at me, let alone talk to me. The same with Draco, some people aren't ready to talk to him, they still see him as a bad person."

"The people I have in mid do not and they are more than willing to help. In fact, they were the ones who volunteered to run the support group here at the school."

Clara peered up at the woman in curiosity. "Who are the students?"

"I never said they were students, Miss Easton."

Clara couldn't believe her ears as she left the Headmistress's office, a short while later as she headed back to the Hufflepuff Common Room. Professor Dover, Lupin, and Black had volunteered to be the support group leaders for the students who wanted to discuss their feelings and how the war had taken it's toll on their lives.

She knocked on the barrels before gaining access to the common room, finding Abby resting on a sofa as soon as she walked in.

"Clara!" the girl greeted her as if it had been many moons since the girls had last seen each other.

"Hey Abby."

"How did it go? Are you in trouble? Did she yell at you?"

"No, everything actually worked out okay." Clara explained to her before going over what Professor McGonagall had told her about the support group.

"That sounds amazing, sign me up!" Abby said.

Clara laughed before she plopped down onto the sofa.

"Why would you want to join the support group, Abby?" Clara asked her.

"Well, I think I'm a pretty good support system, if I do say so myself." Abby said proudly. "So if I can offer my support, don't you think that would be a pretty good thing for a support group?"

"Actually that makes perfect sense, I think you would be great in the support group. We just have to make sure we work on your question asking."

"No problem! I can do that! You know what I can do?!" Abby turned to her excitedly.

"What?"

"I can hand out snacks!"

"S-snacks?"

"Yeah, have you ever seen a sad person when there are snacks around? I don't think so!" Abby said. "So I'll bring the snacks to lighten the mood and then you all can support each other."

"That does sound goods."

"Yes...snacks and free hugs." Abby nodded her head.

"Free hugs?"

"Yes, who doesn't like hugs? The best part about them is that they're free!"

"Well, I'm all for the snacks, Abby, and I won't mind any hugs from you, but the others might need to work up to hugs. But we'll get there and then you can hug anyone you want!"

"Can I hug you in the meantime?"

"Of course."

Clara was not expecting Abby's hugs to be so strong. "Oh we might have to work on your hugging too, or I don't think the support group will last very long."

"Well, isn't that the point?" Abby asked confused.

Clara just looked at her before patting the girl's head gently.

When Draco was released from the hospital wing, he wanted to just head to his bed and lay there for awhile, but as he walked in the corridors, he found people whispering and watching him even more than before.

He was unsure of what to do until he caught sight of Abby skipping circles around Clara outside the Entrance Hall.

"Abby please, you're make me dizzy." Clara laughed as she stood still.

"I know, it's great isn't it?"

Clara looked up and caught sight of Draco before she smiled at him. 

"Help." she mouthed towards him before pointing to Abby.

Draco smiled, knowing exactly where he wanted to be.