Chapter Forty One

Abby had finally woken up as she sat up in bed only to see Clara come into the room, her hair messy and her clothes ruffled a bit.

"Did you just wake up too?" Abby asked her with a yawn. She didn't see how red Clara became in the face, as the girl walked over and sat on her bed.

"Uh sure." Clara answered her with a slight smile. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did. I had dreams about all the candy I ate and it was amazing! But it just left me waking up and feeling hungry."

"Well, by this time they should be serving lunch in the Great Hall, so why don't you go and get ready?"

"Okay. What about you?" Abby asked her.

"What do you mean?"

"Your hair..it's all over the place. Unless you're sporting that look today. If you are, that's awesome, I might do my hair the same!" Abby said before disappearing.

Clara laughed to herself as she placed her hands over her hair and began to smooth it over.

With Clara convincing him that he deserved to be happy, Draco did his best to try and remain positive. However, with the first support group meeting of the new year taking place when all the faculty and students returned, he became nervous. He hoped for the most part that it was just going to be him, Clara and Abby. But he was sure he wasn't going to be that fortunate. Clara and Abby seemed the opposite of what he was feeling, in fact, they were looking forward to the first meeting. 

Clara agreed to meet with him in the Entrance Hall before they would walk to the classroom together to meet with Professor Black, Professor Dover, and Professor Lupin.

He was nervous about seeing the adults but Clara reassured him countless times that it was going to be okay. They arrived to the classroom to find the three professors sitting around and talking.

Upon their entrance, Clara waved in their direction while Draco avoided eye contact for the most part.

"Welcome back." Professor Dover called to them. " Did you two have a nice Christmas?"

"Yes." Clara nodded with a smile.

Draco nodded as well but didn't speak.

"Did you all have a nice Christmas?" Clara asked them.

"It was certainly eventful." Professor Dover said with a smile.

Clara saw the giddy look on Professor Black's face before he reached across and let his hand rest on Professor Dover's knee. Clara smiled before turning her attention to Professor Lupin.

"I heard Eleanor got married, apparently quite a few people in the castle were in attendance." she said.

Professor Lupin grinned. "Yes, she did. It was a very nice wedding."

"Is it true though, did they get married in pajamas?"

"Yes they did. They certainly did. The whole wedding party and everyone present found themselves in their favorite pajamas."

"It was great!" Professor Black said. "Best wedding I've been to." 

Professor Dover cleared her throat before folding her arms and looking away.

"After ours, of course!" he quickly added.

Clara glanced over in Draco's direction to see that he didn't look at all comfortable being in the room among the others. He looked as though he was trying to prepare himself as if everyone in the room was about to start yelling at him. She leaned over and grabbed one of his hands holding onto it tightly before resting it in her lap.

Abby came in a few minutes later and sat down on one of the tables with a bag resting beside her.

"What's in the bag?" Professor Lupin asked her.

"Snacks."

"Oh this child is my hero!" Professor Dover said before standing up. "I am in serious need of a snack."

Professor Black turned to Professor Lupin. "I remember when she was in need of Sirius."

"Yeah well and look where that got her? In serious need of a snack." Professor Lupin chuckled.

The students were confused but no one dared to question it.

Suddenly, there were knocks at the door of the classroom. Everyone turned around to see younger students, mainly second years looking into the classroom with nervous expressions.

"Is this where the support group meeting is?" one of the boys called out.

"It certainly is." Professor Lupin called to them. "Come on in and make yourselves comfortable."

Draco looked puzzled at the presence of the younger students that joined the group, entering the room quietly with cautious expressions.

"You do know why they're here, don't you?" Clara said to him in a low voice.

He shook his head.

"The Carrows thoroughly enjoyed torturing first years. They've been through a lot. I'm glad to see them here."