Chapter Thirty Six

Abby awoke the next morning after she harassed Clara until both girls had fallen asleep along with the other girls in the dorm room. She looked up and saw that nearly all the girls had fallen asleep on Clara's bed, leaving Clara curled up in the fetal position near the head of her bed. With everyone still asleep, Abby crawled out of the bed and went to get ready for the day. Even after a shower and getting dressed, Clara was still asleep, so she headed to get some breakfast and allow Clara to rest.

As she entered the Great Hall, she found it pretty empty especially with most students gone for the holidays. She figured Draco would probably arrive before Clara, so she sat at the Slytherin table patiently waiting for him. However, Abby's innocence left her vulnerable to the judgmental looks she was receiving from some of the Slytherin students sitting a little ways down the table.

Rather than moving back to the Hufflepuff table after receiving dirty looks, she only waved in the direction of the other students.

Draco arrived hoping to see Clara already in the Great Hall that morning, but as he walked in, he only found Abby. However, he found the young Hufflepuff being harassed by some older Slytherin students. He frowned and walked over, Abby looked slightly horrified by whatever the Slytherin students had told her before he made his way to her.

"Hey, leave her alone." he told the younger Slytherins.

They gave him a look. "Or what? What are you going to do?"

Abby always saw Draco as more of a broken soul, he could happy or sad but she never saw his angry or mean side. Until that moment. The look on his face was enough to send the other students walking in the other direction. He didn't even have to say anything to them.

"That was amazing." she said to him before he turned to her.

"Uh..thanks. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. You have to teach me how you can do that."

"Do what?"

"Make people walk away with just one look!"

Draco suddenly laughed as he looked at her. "What?"

"You didn't even have to say anything to thing, they just walked away because you looked at them, that was amazing. So teach me your ways."

Clara woke up to the movement on her bed and found some of the younger girls moving off her bed and getting ready for the day. She sat up and saw that Abby was gone from the room. 

"She's probably already at breakfast at this point." she said to herself. She got herself ready for the day before heading towards the Great Hall. She looked to the Hufflepuff table, but with the exception of a couple of students, it was empty. 

She looked over at the Slytherin table to see Abby sitting with Draco. She was sitting across from him, wearing a very stern expression on her face. Clara clapped her hand over her face with a groan.

"Oh no, Abby, what are you doing?" she hoped Abby wasn't trying to intimidate Draco after learning about the kiss from the day before.

"No, you don't have to show your teeth." Draco said. "You're not a dog growling. Keep your mouth closed, trust me it looks much intimidating that way."

Abby pressed her lips together. "Lfhpm phis?"

"What?"

"I said like this?" Abby said before pressing her lips together.

"Yes..that's much better."

They heard someone approaching them and turned to see Clara walking over towards them. Draco suddenly felt his body temperature rise as he saw her.  She looked particularly beautiful that morning as she sat down next to Abby with a curious expression. He found himself feeling especially happy as he noticed that her hair was pulled back. She wasn't hiding behind her hair, he could see her face clearly. On top of that, she had a smile on her face.

The moment the two of them met each other's gaze, he could see her cheeks turn a hint of pink.

"What are you two up to?" she asked them.

"Draco's teaching me how to give people a silencing stink eye!" Abby said.

"Uh what?" Clara looked to Draco for confirmation but Abby continued talking.

"Those Slytherins over there called me a mudblood and-"

Clara placed her hand over Abby's mouth. "Don't say that, Abby. Don't ever repeat that word. It's horrible." she said before dropping her hand.

"Sorry." Abby said.

"It's okay, it's just an awful term that people call muggle-borns, Abby. And if anyone is calling you that, you should give them the stink eye."

"That's why I'm learning. You should have seen it, Draco, gave them one look and it was like boom...silence. It was great."

Clara smiled at him.  

"Yeah, he's pretty great."

Abby glanced back and forth between the two as they smiled warmly at one another.

"Uh..you two aren't going to start snogging here at the table, are you?"