Chapter Fifty One

Clara jumped in surprise, completely startled by Abby's sudden presence and not to mention the left over shock from Draco's question of asking her to move in with him once the school year ended. 

"Abby...' She said quietly, taking a deep breath to keep herself composed. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was going to show you two that I did really well on my Transfiguration paper, but then I come over here and find out that you two are moving in together?"

"Wait, Abby, that's not true-" Clara began but instantly she saw Draco's face wash over with hurt as he took her words as a rejection. "Wait..no that's not what I-"

"It's alright, Clara." he said in a cold tone before getting up and walking away from them.

"Draco!" Clara called after him as she stood up but she clapped her hands over her face.

"Oh...did I mess everything up?" Abby asked looking up at Clara. Clara dropped her hands from her face, glaring at the little girl before her face softened drastically.

"No...I did. I..was just caught off guard with the whole thing. Draco just took my words wrong. I need to go find him and talk to him. I'll..." Clara went to head off in the direction of the castle but stopped herself and turned back to Abby. "Hold on, let me see your paper. I'm so glad that you did well, Abby."

Abby smiled at her. "Hey, this can wait." she said shoving the paper into the pocket of her robes. "Go find him."

While Clara searched the corridors in search of Draco, she unfortunately didn't find him, assuming he probably had gone back to the Slytherin Common Room, which meant that she couldn't get to him. She didn't have any remaining classes with him for the rest of the day either, leaving her to rely on him showing up to the Great Hall later on, if he chose to eat dinner.

"Miss Easton, you look upset..."

She turned her head to see Professor Dover and Professor Lupin with plenty of books in their hands.

Clara frowned.

"I think I messed up big time." Clara said. "But I didn't mean to...I just worded things wrong and Draco took it the wrong way. Now I can't find him and...it's just a big mess."

The Professors exchanged glances before Professor Lupin muttered to the woman that it was her turn to take this one.

"It is-"

But before Professor Dover could argue, Professor Lupin busied himself with shuffling some of the books.

She sighed before looking at Clara. "Why don't we speak in my office, it's a bit more private."

"Thank you!"

"So what exactly happened?" Nixie asked dropping the books onto her desk.

"Draco asked me to move in with him." Clara answered right away causing Nixie's eyes to go wide.

"Oh...well...that was certainly fast." she muttered. "And you..said no?"

"No, I...I didn't really give an answer, I was trying to word it...actually I was just trying to process the whole thing. I really wasn't expecting him to ask me that, right then and there. Then Abby appeared out of nowhere-"

"Yes, she has a knack for doing that...doesn't she?" Nixie chuckled. "I swear that child has figured out a way to apparate in the castle somehow."

"Yes and sometimes she just shows up at the wrong moments. I know it's not her fault, I should have just kept my mouth shut until I figured out what I wanted to say."

"Clara, it's alright." Nixie reassured her. "I'm sure since he took it the wrong way, that Draco is just slightly upset right now but eventually he'll want to talk to you and you can tell him what you wanted to say. Although, I suppose if you are telling him no..."

"I don't know if I want to move in with him." Clara said. "Its just..that's big step. I mean, we've been dating for a little while and...I really really do like him a lot. I love the person he's become over the course of this year."

"Don't feel obligated to do something you're not comfortable with, Clara. If you need more time, take more time. You have to take care of yourself too. If you're uncomfortable with the idea, no matter how much you like him, it's going to be weird living together if you're not one hundred percent into the idea. Take your time, sleep on it, think it over before you give him your answer. School isn't over yet. You also don't have to move in with him right after school either.  School relationships become much different once you are out in the real world, working jobs, and doing other things. Perhaps graduate and see how you feel about the idea."

Clara smiled at the woman. "Thank you so much, Professor Dover, really. I appreciate it."

"It's no problem, Clara. I help when I can and if I'm able to."

The young woman left the office leaving the professor at her desk.

Nixie glanced around before her eyes looked out the window, remembering where she and Sirius sat when he asked her to move in with him many years ago.

She smiled before turning back to her work.

"I should write a book, I swear...or at least get a raise."