Chapter Fifty Five

It was a bittersweet moment for Clara to acknowledge that her time at Hogwarts had come to an end. The school year had ended for the seventh years and the moment they finished their last exams, it seemed the realization had settled into everyone. All the older students remembered the dark time of Hogwarts and the War, and it was incredibly hard to believe that they had gone an entire year without any sort of drama mixed in besides the drama in their own lives.

Clara remembered a fellow Hufflepuff that had blamed much of the troubles of the school on the "Harry Potter Curse" years before, but it seemed the curse was lifted. There was happiness, and students from all four houses, Slytherins to Hufflepuff were learning to get past old school prejudices and welcome new friends and family. Clara wasn't fully ready to graduate, she was excited to move on and experience a nicer and calmer world, but she had no idea what she was going to do.

While Draco had offered his support to her in any way that he could, it still didn't help Clara make the decision easily as to what career she wanted to pursue. She spoke with Professor Dover and even Professor McGonagall, but Clara was going to need a bit more time to think about what she wanted to do. She knew she wanted to help people, her final year at Hogwarts had made that obvious that she was good at it. She wanted to continued helping people recover from the war and with anything else that they needed support from.

The drama in her life had settled as the scars on her face became nothing more than just scars. She didn't care about them, they weren't a part of her anymore and they didn't bother her. She was going to be able to move on with her life.

Draco would be there for her, and she would be there for him, whenever the past decided to creep back in and try to remind them of the dark times.

The only drama the couple was concerned with was the meeting of the parents and letting both sets of parents know of their plans.

Neither one of them seemed to be looking forward to the meeting.

But that was in the back of Clara's mind, her real concern was with young Abby and how the girl would fair without her and Draco around to look after her. The first year girl had certainly played an important role in the healing of the two and Clara would be forever grateful and in debt to the child.

"Don't you worry about me." Abby told her the night before they were all set to leave the castle. "I'm going to be just fine."

"Are you sure, Abby?"

"Of course. You know me, I'm tough. Besides I have Max still here with me, and I can still write to you and Draco, right?"

"Of course, of course!" Clara reassured her. "And we'll answer promptly I promise. Whenever you need us, we'll be there."

Abby smiled. "Then that's all that matters, Clara. Just make sure I get an invitation to the wedding! And make sure I'm not in school because I definitely want to be the maid of honor!"

"Abby!"

"Okay, flower girl works just as well."

The ceremony for seventh years leaving Hogwarts, was reminiscent of the first time the students first laid eyes on the castle. Climbing back into the small boats they had sat in over the Black Lake, they were to return the same way.

Before Clara climbed into the boat with Draco and two other students, she stopped and looked over to the right where she saw Rebecca and Sadie about to climb into another boat. The three girls seemed to all have met each other's gaze as it became silent. Clara took it upon herself to walk over to where they were.

"Clara-" Rebecca started but Clara cut her off by lifting up a hand to speak first.

"I just wanted to wish you two well." Clara said. "Wherever you two end up or whatever you two end up doing with your lives, I really hope it works out for you."

Sadie frowned. "Oh Clara, we're so sorry, we shouldn't have abandoned you like that, but-"

"What's done is done." Clara said with a shrug. "I'm not angry about it anymore. "

"Maybe we can work on being friends again?" Rebecca asked with a hopeful look, but Clara shook her head no.

"I don't think so. During the time that I needed you two the most, you left my side. You weren't strong enough to be around my at my weakest, I don't think you two are going to be strong enough to be around me at my strongest. I think it's best that we just part our ways for good. Like I said, I wish you two well. Goodbye."

With a nod and a smile, Clara left the two and returned back to Draco, who seemed ready to step in at any point if Clara decided to attack either one of them again.

"Everything alright?" He asked glancing over in the direction of the two.

"Yeah," Clara answered. "Everything is okay. "

"Are you ready?"

Clara glanced back at the castle that held so many memories, good and bad before looking back over the lake. Her eyes finally settled back onto Draco as he patiently held his hand out to her to help her into the boat.

"I'm ready."