Introductions

Adrien whistled as he walked back home, his bag swinging along on his shoulder. As he reached the gigantic front gate of his mansion, he glimpsed a head that looked a bit like his missing Mother... His breath caught, but then the head turned and instead of the warm emerald eyes which he had inherited, cold blue ones pierced through him instead. He then let out a sigh mixed with disappointment and excitement. He knew who these eyes belonged to.

_____________________

Earlier, the lone owner of the icy blue eyes was getting tutored by Natalie. As Natalie asked her about minerals and gases, she intelligently answered every single one correct. "Okay Jewel, that should be enough for the day." Natalie said, her voice cutting through the silent room before leaving. Jewel sighed and leaned back before her sharp eyes detected movement at the front gate, as she was literally the house's 'detector sensor', her brain told her automatically to check the window. Ice crept up the chair she was sitting in as she looked downwards. To her immense relief (and annoyance), it was only her twin brother, Adrien, who was born with her at the exact same time, although she was the quiet one while Adrien was the loud, bawling one. Jewel stood up immediately and the ice that was growing on the chair started receding as she made her way towards the room's doorway.

_____________________

Adrien slowly walked up the grand staircase, his brain still fuzzy from the overload of learning he had to do at school. Just before school started,Nino managed to warn him of Chloé's prank on Marinette: pouring glue all over her seat (of course Sabrina did it, Chloé just got her nails done). Adrien managed to wipe it off with wet tissue just before Marinette arrived. "Welcome home brother." A sharp, intelligent musical voice broke him out of his reverie. He looked up at the blue eyed girl and grinned. "How purr-fect of you to welcome me home, Jewel."