Chapter Three // Jewel is forced to school

"What do you mean by father making me go to school?!" Jewel screamed, her hair standing up like a cat's fur standing up. Natalie sighed and handed the not usually fuming mad Jewel a handwritten letter written to her by her father before leaving. Jewel's head was full of mixed feelings of anger and sadness: was it because her father no longer wanted her around the house? Jewel tried her best to control her temper before opening up the letter. The sound of crinkling paper filled the room as she unfolded the letter:

Dear Jewel Agreste,
By the time you unfold this letter, I can understand that you are angry. However, you must understand that I want you to meet new people. Follow Adrien to school today and learn new things. Do not fail me.

Gabriel Agreste

When Jewel finished reading the letter, her anger had cooled down a bit, but she was still burning. Suddenly, her bedroom door was busted down by Adrien. "Are you seriously coming to school with me?!?! This is awesome!" Jewel groaned as Adrien packed a bag for Jewel for school as he kept on squealing like a guinea pig. Natalie watched on as Jewel snarled at Adrien as he tried to make her eat breakfast faster. "I'm sorry, Jewel." Natalie whispered.

____________________________

Marinette woke up feeling rather happy knowing that she knew another one of Chat Nior's secrets. "Marinette, you're going to be late for school!" Tikki, who had just woken up, squeaked anxiously. Marinette checked the clock on her educational iPad and screeched like a banshee before pulling her bag on and banging down the staircase before disappearing out on to the road.

____________________________

Jewel sulked in the corner of the car as her twin sang along to the songs playing in the car and occasionally glanced at Jewel to make sure she wasn't actually a hologram. The Gorilla stepped on the brake and the car pulled to a halt in front of the school and the two golden haired twins stepped out of the car. All the students immediately started talking about the newcomer that seemed so close to Adrien that they looked so similar until a single annoying voice squealed out: "Adrikins!" Chloé literally pounced on Adrien and tried to kiss him until she noticed the blue eyed girl standing beside him looking like she wanted to run away. "Who is THIS? Where the heck did you get your clothes from? The rubbish bin?!" Chloé laughed maliciously with Sabrina as the other students looked at Jewel with pity filled stares. Chloé threw in a few more insults when Jewel looked at her with icy blue eyes and snarled: "Stop being such a stuck up snob and get a life." Everyone laughed as Chloé gave turned as red as a tomato before running off, Sabrina following her after glaring at the accuser. Adrien gawked at the way his twin handled Chloé like a pro and stared at her. Jewel looked at Adrien before saying: "What? You know how I'll react to her!" Jewel then glided up the stairway and waited for Adrien. "Hey dude! Whose that new girl?"

Adrien recognised Nino's all too familiar speech and grammar and turned around, grinning. "That's my twin, Jewel. She just burned Chloé."

____________________________

"Marinette? Has anyone seen-" Marinette bashed through the classroom door just as the bell rang. "Present!" She screeched as she skidded to a halt in front of Ms Bustier. Her teacher marked a tick in front of her name before continuing role call. Marinette was going to sit down when a hand grabbed her wrist. "Wait!" Marinette turned around and her eyes meet with two familiar blue ones. "Ms Agreste, is there a problem?" Ms Bustier called out, a bit annoyed as Jewel nodded and pointed at where Marinette was going to sit. "There is some kind of substance on her seat." Marinette, Jewel, Adrien and Ms Bustier all looked at the seat. What Jewel saw was a good sized puddle of glue! "Now, who did this?" Chloé tried to hide under the cover of her textbook but was caught by Jewel. "I'm not going to judge anyone here, but Chloé looks rather... Suspicious." Jewel's voice rang out. Everyone looked at Chloé and started whispering as the girl of the subject blushed for the second time that day. "It-it wasn't me! It was Jewel!" Jewel laughed and spread her arms widely. "Does it look like I did it?" Ms Bustier frowned at Chloé and said, "Go to the toilet, get some tissue and clean up Marinette's seat." Chloé immediately went pale at the thought of doing manual labor. She stuttered out: "My... My father will hear about this!" Ms Bustier nodded. "Even better. I am going to have a few words with your father about your academic results." Chloé gaped at her before running to the toilet, crying. Adrien gawked at what was happening. His sister just did about everything that everyone wanted to happen. Marinette looked up and was able to finally get a good look at the student that helped her. She gaped when she realised she looked very similar to Adrien, and that she reminded her of someone... "Okay students, enough of the drama. This is our new student, Jewel. She is Adrien's twin sister. Jewel, you can sit next to Marinette." Marinette and Alya moved a bit to the right to allow Jewel to sit down. "Please take out your textbooks and flip to page 125 now. Nathaniel, please read out chapter 5..." As the red haired boy started reading, Marinette whispered to Jewel: "You're not as bad as you look." Jewel smirked, both her eyes still on the textbook. "Funny you should say that. Yesterday someone said something like that to me."

____________________________

"Okay students, break time! Please remember to do page..." Ms Bustier called out as all the students filed out of the classroom. Adrien packed his bag and said: "Hey Jewel..." No answer. He looked up and realised he was the only one left in the class! He saw his twin's golden colored hair disappearing around the bend, down the staircase and quickly pulled on his satchel. "Jewel! Wait for me!" Suddenly, a hand pulled his satchel strap. "Dude, don't worry, she's going to have break with Alya and Marinette! She won't be alone." Adrien looked behind him and found his buddy Nino waiting for him. "Oh yeah... My bad! Sorry I forgot you in the excitement of having my twin finally attending school with me!" Nino grinned at him. "Don't worry, it's okay dude! But for now, tell me about Jewel! She seems pretty... Nice..." Adrien grinned and was going to make a pun when Chloé suddenly launched herself at him. "Oh Adrien! Didn't you hear what that horrible new student said to me? I wonder who that brat is! She must come from a really low class family-" Adrien's anger from this morning and the speech that Chloé had just said erupted and he pushed her away and snapped: "Jewel is wonderful, smart and awesome, but above all, she is my twin sister. So BACK OFF!" Chloé was taken aback by what Adrien had just said and couldn't process what he just said before he disappeared off with Nino, leaving her alone with Sabrina.

____________________________

"Ha ha ha ha! I can't believe Adrien did that when he was young! I mean, why would he uncap a ballpoint pen thinking it was gonna turn into a sword?!" Marinette laughed as Jewel grinned, her perfect white teeth gleaming as Alya snorted along with Marinette. "You wouldn't believe half the things he did. But there was this one time-" "Talking bad about me, I see." Adrien said as he leaned against the side of the table the three girls were sitting at, his arms folded. Jewel fluttered her eyelashes innocently as she said: "Oh, no brother, we are only talking about this guy who had a thing for puns and did stupid things in his youth!" Adrien stroked his chin thoughtfully and replied curtly: "This person sounds quite familiar..." The whole table burst out with laughter as Marinette tried to hide her blush while laughing.

Jewel (being the very notable child she was) immediately noticed the way Marinette looked at Adrien, the way she blushed when he looked at her, and all the tiny little things that Adrien or Nino didn't notice, she noted EVERYTHING. It was definitely clear that Marinette liked her annoying twin brother. Jewel decided to take a closer look at Marinette: her hair was always tied up in two ponytails, her height and her eye color. Her intelligent mind immediately matched Marinette to Ladybug. Jewel thought, well, I figured out her identity, why hasn't Adrien?

Jewel looked at Adrien, who by now was making puns while Marinette, Nino and Alya kept on bursting out in laughter. "Adrien..." She started, then stopped. I don't think Marinette will appreciate me telling everyone her secret identity here, definitely not in front of my cat twin, she thought. "Yeah Jewel?" She shook her head. "Nothing." Adrien grinned at her. "Is there a-" Jewel immediately jumped in, replying quickly, "Purr-blem? Of course, you still don't know I'm better at puns than you." Adrien faked gasped with horror as the bell rang, signaling the end of their break time and the laughter and puns.
(Thank God, thought Marinette.)

____________________________

Students streamed out of the school gates while talking and laughing, darkness covering almost nearly everything as a the glowing sun disappeared behind the horizon. Adrien kept on talking to Jewel as they stepped into the car, quite 'surprised' that his twin actually had a bowl of humor and puns and a huge lot of sass in her that he didn't know. Unbeknownst to the two twins, a certain Chloé was spying on them. More specifically, spying on the blue eyed, golden haired sassy new girl. As her eyes narrowed on Jewel, suddenly a voice snapped out in the cold air. "Chloé, what are you doing?!" Chloé spun around and came face to face with Marinette and Alya and started stuttering, guilty of having been caught spying. "Uh... I'm not- wait. What are YOU doing here with your rubbish dump clothes?!" Marinette rolled her eyes and replied back, "We were looking for you. Chloé, your father is SUPER angry and wants you to meet him NOW." Chloé felt her heart plummet down at the mention of her angry father waiting for her. As Marinette and Alya walked off, having delivered the message, Chloé looked towards where the twins are standing. Or more like where they were standing. They were long gone. Chloé gritted her teeth angrily before stomping towards the school to meet her father.

____________________________