Chapter Five // The White Cat finds her partner

"M-mom?" Adrien gasped as Jewel stuttered, trying to get a grasp on reality. "Mom..." Ms Agreste smiled gently. "Hello children." Jewel was the first to react and ran towards her. "Mom! Your back! We thought that you-" Ms Agreste cut her off halfway by hugging her, her emerald eyes watering. "I missed you all so much!" Adrien snapped out of his reverie and surprisingly asked the most sensible question he could ask. "Does dad know you're here?" Ms Agreste froze and looked at Adrien. "I was going to tell him... Would you mind getting him here?" Before Adrien could reply, a large blast exploded from outside. Jewel pushed Adrien towards their mother and ordered, "Adrien, get mother to a safe place now. I'll handle this." Adrien nodded solemnly while her mother looked at her questionably. Jewel took a deep breath. She was about to reveal her secret to her mother.

"Winter, claws out!"

Her mother stared at her in shock as her daughter transformed into a superheroine. Chat Blanc grinned awkwardly before she disappeared.

__________________

Chat Blanc got to the scene as fast as she could, and saw that ANOTHER akumatized victim was terrorizing the city of love (which was now currently the city of akumas). This victim held an iPhone in her hand, along with a stylus in her right hand. "Well, look who's here!" Sneered the new villain. "Hello there, white cat, my name is Snapshot, and I will have your miraculous!" Chat Blanc rolled her eyes and snapped, "Isn't that what Hawkmoth always wants?" Snapshot nodded and sighed. "Well, anyway, get ready for a photo shoot!" Chat Blanc rolled out of the way as a photo of a knife shot out of Snapshot's phone, and 'twanged' against the Eiffel Tower side, causing a sharp slice to be taken out of the tower. Chat Blanc opened up her palm and shot blasts of ice at the villain. To her horror, a picture of a curved piece of metal appeared in front of Snapshot! The large blast of snow slammed into one of the holes of the curved tube and rocketed out back towards the white cat hero. "Oh fishsticks." The snow hit her on impact and spread throughout her suit, freezing her on the spot. "Where is that bug and cat when I need them!!" Chat Blanc shouted out angrily as Snapshot grinned, before stepping forward to retrieve her Miraculous.

"Hey there snap-happy, wanna play with fire?"

Both the villain and the white cat themed super heroine looked towards the direction in which heat was suddenly radiating from. A teen girl that looked about Chat Blanc and Chat Nior's age stepped forward. Snapshot laughed harshly and snarled, "What are YOU going to do girl?" A ball of fire swerved towards Snapshot, nearly melting her. The young teen's right clenched fist was now glowing with different shades varying from red to yellow. Her hand was on fire. Now both of the girl's hands lit up, and she shouted in reply, "Well, I might accidentally melt you to a puddle of goop... So what ya gonna do?" Snapshot grinned and pointed her phone towards the currently frozen stiff Chat Blanc, and a image of a razor sharp blade manifested in front of her phone and started rotating, slowly but surely gaining speed as it moved towards Chat Blanc.

_____________________________

"Adrien, I need to ask you something..." whispered Marinette outside of school, her cheeks starting to heat up. Adrien turned his blonde head towards her and flashed a award-winning smile at her, making her knees quiver more. "Yeah Mari?" Marinette took in a deep breath and asked him where his sister was. Adrien grinned awkwardly. "She's sort of... Busy." Busy saving Paris, that is. "What is it that you want to ask her?" Marinette looked around to make sure that no one was around at all, especially her reporter friend, Alya. "I think your sister is the new superhero, Chat Blanc..." Upon hearing those words, Adrien stiffened up. "W-Why do you think she's that hero?" asked Adrien, laughing nervously while looking around for an escape route just in case Marinette caught on. "Well, first of all, she has the same colored hair as Chat Blanc, which is quite a rare color." Adrien was suddenly very conscious of his hair, which was the same color as his twin's. He felt like pulling out his beanie from his bag and covering his entire body with it. "Secondly, she has the same icy blue eyes and the same voice..." Adrien furrowed his eyebrows confusedly. "Marinette, how could you see her eye color and the sound of her voice if you were basing all these facts on a picture?" Marinette gulped nervously. She hadn't thought of that part without giving away her identity. "Well... She was speaking pretty loudly... Oh yeah, and does your sister have ice powers?" Marinette grinned stupidly at her last question and giggled. "Sorry for wasting your time, I don't think that your sister is... You know..." Both of the teens awkwardly and nervously laughed, rubbing the back of their necks, the tension getting thicker around them. Suddenly, a huge change in temperature caught their attention and they both instinctively looked towards the Eiffel Tower. A huge column of flames suddenly erupted, along with... Pictures flying around it? Both of them immediately yelled at the same time: "I need to relieve myself!" Without realizing what the other had just said, they both sped towards the toilets and separated into the male and female ones.